Model Train Forum banner

O scale bridge

6K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  gunrunnerjohn 
#1 ·
Hi to all O scale modelers!!!

I looked through quite a few of the old threads but couldn't find one called whats on your O scale workbench!!! So here I go with whats on mine!:)

Eventually it's going to be an O scale Deck Truss bridge about 26 inches long with stone type abutments and a couple of trestles under it for support.:)
IS ANYONE GETTING INTERESTED YET???:laugh:

I still have a long way to go yet. Going to add those nut & bolt castings to it also. here's the photo.:)
Cheers, Dave

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
looks ok , is it just glued together ?
will it support the weight of an O scale train?

I just built a new gerder bridge for my layout,its 40" long and looks real, I wish I could post a pic of it, in fact I have plently of new stuff I could show off if I learn to post pics..............mike
You tempt me with a truss so I will add this link of the Vermont Covered bridge museum. Maybe it will inspire.
I also am adding this image search of truss covered bridges. Some fancy work here.
Mike, it's really not that hard to post pictures, and we even have a post describing several techniques.

How to post pictures at ModelTrainForum
Hello TJ, I could have bet all I have that you would have been the first to respond to my thread!!! smiles:):laugh:

Big Mike, Hi there!! Yes it is glued together and I would think it would support O scale engines. I suspect the heaviest would be an all brass Big Boy engine. maybe someone knows the actual weight of one.:confused:
gunrunnerjohn explained about downloading photo's so follow his lead:)

Hi T-Man :) I was wanting to tempt someone with this bridge because when it's finished it will be put up For Sale:D Since it what I do :)
Thanks for the covered bridge links!!:):thumbsup: I have build 3 already:)
Check out my bonanza site http://bononza.com/booths/David_Stockwell
Here is on I use quite often http://bridgehunter.com/category/year/built-durning-1900s/

Cheers, Dave

#3 ·
looks ok , is it just glued together ?
will it support the weight of an O scale train?

I just built a new gerder bridge for my layout,its 40" long and looks real, I wish I could post a pic of it, in fact I have plently of new stuff I could show off if I learn to post pics..............mike

#7 ·
john, I guess I'm just stupid, or old,and I have tried several times to post from my photobucket with poor results,heck I've even had someone show me how to do it ,but when I tried to post when they are not around ,I just can't seem to do it .

I was not brough up in the computer age,I'm old school,and just bairly able to type on this key board ,I'm just not computer savy,you see I can't even spell worth a crap............mike :eek:hwell::eek:hwell:

#8 ·
Mike if you have a photo on Photobucket, it's DIRT SIMPLE! ;)

With the Photobucket page open, run your cursor over the picture you want to post, the popup illustrated below will appear. Just click on the indicated entry, then switch to your message composition window here and paste it with a Ctrl-V and you're done. Couldn't be simpler. ;)

Using this example, I clicked on the indicated link, then pasted that result here, this is what you see.

Attachments

#14 ·
Hospital?
I hope all is well.

Looking nice David, are you going to put a gangplank walkway up top too?
Hi tj and thanks much for the:thumbsup: Dave:)

Hi big ed:)
Yeah the hospital!!:eek::( I am very susceptible to pneumonia (YUCK). I'm an X VERY long time smoker. Quite a year ago, but I've had pneumonia 3 times since.:thumbsdown:
Wasn't planing on walkways on this bridge because I don't know much about all the different kinds of O scale track.:confused: There's enough room for them , but they have to look right with what ever track is used:)
Cheers, Dave

#13 ·
Hospital?
I hope all is well.

Looking nice David, are you going to put a gangplank walkway up top too?

#29 ·
Very nice work, Dave.:appl:
Two things stand out in your picture. The trusses for the bridge look superb. Your "workbench" is a thing of beauty, cleaner than my kitchen counters. :appl::appl:
Hi Don F, Your bridges look great!!:thumbsup: The one I show here was sold very quickly to big ed here on the forum. He has added a more detail to it.:) That bridge was finished in 2012 and I stopped building bridges a couple of years ago. Pictures below show what I'm doing now days.

Hi Dano, Thanks much:)

Hi BobS, Thanks for the thumbs up. Here's a picture of my workbench today!!:laugh:
As you can see it's very cluttered!:eek:

Cheers, Dave

Attachments

#32 ·
Nice work David, I hope you build a few more bridges, I missed out. :)
Hi sjm9911, Thanks much:) I know big ed posted several pictures of the bridge, but it's been so long I couldn't remember "WHERE OR WHEN":laugh: It has been a long time for me since I was last on the forum. Everything I do now days is at a much slower pace!!!:smilie_daumenneg:

Hi gunrunner,:D I can remember you saying once (long time ago):stroke: that you should get one of my bridges before I quit!!! But you did miss out I'm afraid:smilie_daumenneg:
Have a nice day!!:D
Cheers, Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.