Model Train Forum banner

Blue Tiger

8K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  tjcruiser 
#1 · (Edited)
In keeping with my theme of the evening, this will be my next TT scale acquisition:

This is Mehano's Blue Tiger in Poollok livery.

The Blue Tiger prototype is manufactured by Bombardier in Germany, under a contract from GE. I'm not sure all the places in the world they are used, but I do know that they run in Malaysia.

I understand that the name "Blue Tiger" is taken from a very rare species of tiger seldom seen, and found only in parts of Southeast Asia.

Mehano also offers this model in N scale and HO.

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#6 ·
I agree nice link. but did you see the date of the post?:)

I always had a thing for tigers.:D
I would rather have a tiger riding shotgun with me then a large dog.

Mammal Vertebrate Tiger Wildlife Bengal tiger

The Blue tiger is also called Maltese tiger.

A copy and paste,

There are also unverified reports about the Maltese tiger, or blue tiger. In 1910, Harry Caldwell reported that he spotted one outside Fuzhou, China. Another report stated that a Maltese was spotted during the Korean war. Maltese tigers are said to have bluish fur with dark grey stripes. Since there are no hard evidence to support the existence of Maltese tigers, then are Maltese tigers just mythical tigers? Or could they may have once lived but is now extinct.

#8 ·
A spammer? ha ha ha
It is a nice link.:laugh:

Yes since they don't know if they exist anymore they fixed one.

Would you break into a vehicle with that sitting in the passenger seat?:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.