Model Train Forum banner

Digitrax DCS

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  JerryH 
#1 · (Edited)
Got a new SCFXD8 and guess what? The DCS200 doesn't work. Many beep codes on power up. :mad: DC pwr in is 16.2 v with no current draw. 1 second blinking config LED. Power LED steady green. Net LED steady on. Offline LED steady on. Settles in with continous soft beeps. CMOS battery checks 3.07 v. Connected throttle in op mode and sw 2 is c and should be t. Can't get it to stay on t. Throttle appears to communicate with DCS. Any ideas?

#5 ·
If the beeps are supposed to sound like a computer posting, they are sick too. More like a buzzer the a beep. There seems to be a series of errors or repeating errors then it settles to a constant low volume beeps. It is quite difficult to count them. A combination of low and higher volume tones.

#10 ·
I don't have a Digitrax PS yet so I looked at the specs and used one of the 12v rails on a ATX PC power supply. 12.1 vdc 25 amp rating. Voltage was 12.1 at the input terminals. No overheating indicated. I next tried another power source 16 vdc that had an ammeter readout that showed about 4 amp initial blip on power on which imediately dropped to zero as the DCS started beep errors rather than 1 beep. 16 v still at terminals with no load.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.