Model Train Forum banner

Train Museum

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  rogruth 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Wow, what a neat place! And such a cheap price to get in. Hope you had a great time!

#5 ·
We did have a great time; the grandsons eyes where showing the excitement. Cliff, I think is the owners name, what a good guy, very helpful gentleman. I actually learned some stuff there and that's pretty good when someone can penetrate my thick head. I found a new place to buy train stuff, except what I need off the Bay and from the Train Shows.

#7 ·
I lived near Enid for many years and used to hit the Stillwater show regularly, as well as the Rose State College show. My son who is now turning 11 attended his first train show with Dad at Stillwater when he was just a few months old. We run trains together now.
I made a lot of friends there and I miss them.

#8 ·
In our area, the yearly model train show has usually done well, having several layouts and pretty good, IMO, attendance. This is Savannah,GA. also in town is the Georgia State Railroad Museum at the roundhouse. Also on their grounds are HO and N scale layouts.
Most local people don't know they are here. I guess the club that does the layouts either
don't have the funds to advertise or are not looking for more members. Their big project
is the yearly January train show.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.