Model Train Forum banner

Lionel 6-2308 news stand

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  tjcruiser 
#1 ·
I found this very nice,new in the box Lionel news stand,now I know its not "o" scale ,but I like the action,any way ,I was showing it off to my wife ,and turned the power up to high and burned out the light bulb,ok,no problem right? the papers in the box says use #00-0053-300,...what :confused::confused:
can any one give a bulb number I can use,I tryed a 1441 that goes in my GP-9 ,it looks the same but will not lock into the socket,its too long I think

and ofcourse their is no number on the bulb

thanks.................. Mike

#6 ·
I don't understand why a standard bayonet base bulb like a 1445 wouldn't work there. The one Mike spoke of is a screw base, and the picture shows a bayonet base, so I can see why that didn't work.
sorry john, you are right, I keyed in the wrong nnmber,I tryed a bulb from extras I had for my Berlingtion post war GP-9 ,they look perfectly the same but it will not lock into the base for some odd reason,so this morning,I got one of my co-workers to look at the bulb with good eyes and found it was a #53 bulb,gunna try that one and see when I get home,we just so happened to have some here in the shop,:D

thank to all ,..........mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.