custom built model RR accessories & tools - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource  

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Market Place > Product Promotion
Forgotten your password?

Product Promotion If you are a vendor with a nifty product please post here!

Old 02-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
bishop
Gang Labourer

Scales Modeled: personal - N scale / son's - HO scale
Smile custom built model RR accessories & tools

Hello, I'm a model railroader who also enjoys crafting, woodworking, detailing and in general designing and building. I build custom layout panels also design & draw cad layout diagrams for switch panels, weathering & painting jigs (also powered for cleaning & testing), airbrush & painting booths ( because they're outrageously overpriced),displays, storage & shadow boxes, custom dimension wooden carrying boxes (tool boxes like our grandpas used), custom latex molds, bulk plaster castings (i.e. rocks, boulders, rock faces, outcroppings, platforms etc.)

I also build a lot of storage & flood loading silos and tube type belt line enclosures. I mainly do this for folks like myself who model routes involving coal or aggregate transporting/production. The main reason for the building is my low budget for my railroad hobby, so I taught myself how to save money by becoming handy with my imagination. I just thought it would be fun to offer my services to fellow modelers, and I am also a very cheap alternative.

I also do detailed prototype photography for southern WV and areas of central Appalachia, which is where I have lived since birth.

If you have something you would like built, weathered, molded, cast, painted, assembled, researched, drafted etc. drop me a line @ rwbishop@live.com
(304)245-8423
thanx, Richard Bishop
bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #2
john65002
Engineer

Scales Modeled: HO and O and a little of N
I would be interested in weathering. My attempt did not go so good. Do you have some pictures of your work?

AJ's Electronics Repair

john65002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #3
bishop
Gang Labourer

in the process

I am in the process of actually taking some photos of some of my work, I never thought I would get a reply this quick, that is a good thing though. I am setting up a diorama for the photos, I'll size them and post them as soon as I get them done this evening. thanx for the inquiry!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #4
matt785115
Brakeman

Scales Modeled: N & HO Scales
I would be interested in something like these, if you could build them into one unit? also cost would be a concern, one could always buy these and screw them together?

http://www.micromark.com/Benchtop-Organizer,10188.html
http://www.micromark.com/Wood-Storag...ers,10225.html
Old 02-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #5
KAL5
Brakeman

Hi Richard I sent you an email about two kits
KAL5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #6
Grbauc
Brakeman

i like that first organizer from micromark he posted and maybe a paint booth i made one out of cardboard boxes but it would be nice to upgrade...
Grbauc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #7
bishop
Gang Labourer

USA Sorry

Sorry anyone for not replying, I use so many forums to stay up to par with my model railroading that this post slips my mind. If anyone would like to talk to me about getting something started, just shoot me an e-mail. It's a lot easier for me to give everyone a quick reply.
I took a look @ the links posted to the Micro-Mark items. It would be very simple to build the pliar rack, and little more tedious to do the organizer and make it look so nice. I am definitely glad to do work for anyone but, my main motivation is to save people money in the hobby, even if it means keeping myself from making money.
I look at the cost of material would be used out of my supplies, and of course I do all wood work by hand which is more time consuming than a production line, or stapling together prefabbed material. Even though the quality of hand crafting is better and stronger, sometimes it is easier on the bank to buy from a manufacturer, especially factoring the cost of shipping, for residential pay as you go people like us modelers.
If you would still like to use my services, I am more than thrilled, I really enjoy crafting. Please feel free to drop me an email, which is listed in my original post. I am currently doing a small parts structure assembly for KAL5. I'm finishing up 2 coal flood silos, and just started on a dual fan DC spray booth, they're not sexy like the commercial booths but, they're also not $500 like the commercial ones. I am working on getting some photos, but I don't keep items very long, so. Thanks folks
Old 02-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #8
KAL5
Brakeman

Got my kits back today Richard did a great job verry happy with the work Thanks Again
KAL5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:16 PM   #9
bishop
Gang Labourer

Thumbs up thanx

not a problem, really enjoyed the assembly, got to teach my son some good tips about small piece models also, he really got into watching me assemble the flowers, thanx again
Old 03-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #10
mopac
Engineer

Scales Modeled: HO mainly
Bishop, sounds like your skills and craftmanship are in demand. Good for you.
I am not in need of anything right now but I saw you are in WV. I was born in
Charleston and moved away when I was about 5. I still have family in the
Charleston area but most of the ones I liked have died. So I don't get back much
anymore. I still have memories of the steam engines in WV. Yes, I am that old.
I hope you get alot of work to keep you busy.
mopac is online now   Reply With Quote