Brass sale - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource  

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Market Place > For Sale or Trade (member-to-member)
Forgotten your password?

For Sale or Trade (member-to-member) Buy, sell or trade models here. This forum is only for personal use. Model Train Forum will not be held responsible for business transacted through this forum.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
mtoney
Brakeman

Scales Modeled: 16mil narrow gauge live steam outdoors, OO scale Inglenook indoors
Brass sale

Paring down some of my brass to settle down to one road name. I offer the following for sale. PFM/United Western Pacific heavy 2-8-2, late run, quiet running with DCC/Sound, Seuthe smoke unit installed, painted and will be decaled by the end of the week. Original box and foam in good shape $250. Nickel Plate Products NKP 4-6-4, excellent running, very quiet, pro painted, working headlight and Seuthe smoke unit. Original box and foam in good shape, $200. PFM/United Prairie King 2-6-2, good running with original Pittman motor, painted for Turtle Creek Timber Co. No orignal box for this one, $125 as it sits or I can remotor with a can motor for more $$. Looking for a PFM/United USRA 2-8-2 unpainted or another Southern PS4 4-6-2. All prices do not include shipping to you. Thanks. Mike

Old 03-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #2
gc53dfgc
Station Master

Scales Modeled: HO, O, G, N, OO
Those are some really great prices for brass engines! If I had not recently bought an entire fleet of new engines I would take the prairie and the 2-8-2 off your hands but the bank is empty so I can only bump and offer support. Would be nice if you had them in a month or so if you don't go to ebay with them.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #3
mtoney
Brakeman

Scales Modeled: 16mil narrow gauge live steam outdoors, OO scale Inglenook indoors
Never know, I dont feel like dealing with ebay right now. Their fee's have gotten so high lately. What all did you get in your new "fleet"? Mike
Old 03-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
gc53dfgc
Station Master

Scales Modeled: HO, O, G, N, OO
Well...
a new brass cb&q wood caboose
a brass electric locomotive
a PRR doodlebug
a New One models 4-6-0 CNJ cameback
A IHC 2-6-0 reading camelback (plan to convert to CNJ 0-6-0)
a New One Models 0-4-0 Goat camelback for parts
A Mantua all brass 0-4-0 goat for a kitbash from a PRR prototype to a CNJ
a Mantua 0-6-0 standard cab with slope tender for the CNJ
A roundhouse CNJ box-cab 1000 (now adding DCC, lights, and super detailed paint job)
A CNJ boxcar and a CNJ hopper
CSX covered hopper
I think that is about it apart from a few train parts I have recently gotten.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:43 PM   #5
lovin it
Gang Labourer

Scales Modeled: HO
What road name are you going to decal the 2-8-2? Bill
lovin it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #6
lovin it
Gang Labourer

Scales Modeled: HO
Just noticed it is Western Pacific.
lovin it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #7
mtoney
Brakeman

I dont have the decals on hand yet and the LHS we visited today didnt have them. We will probably go to the shop that will have them next week unless someone buys it and doesnt want it decaled. I am mainly looking for anything that I can turn into a Southern RR locomotive, or a close approxmation of it. Such as a USRA 2-8-2, 2-8-0 ect. If it wasnt for the oil tender, the PFM ATSF 2-8-0 could be slightly redetailed to pass for a Southern engine. The USRA light mikado is the best. I know PFM, Akane, Key and Sunset have done them. Mike
Old 03-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #8
mtoney
Brakeman

I got the decals today for the WP 2-8-2. I am also going to offer up my early run PFM/United SRR PS4 painted for the Crescent Limited. Has Cannon EN22 can motor and TCS T1 decoder installed. I am searching for a Alco Models brass DL600b (RSD15) with the Samhongsa drive system and can motor. I am also searching for someone that does brass painting, got a couple Diesels needing paint jobs that are beyond my ablities. mike