What's been on your N workbench lately??? - Page 37 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource  

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Scale Specific Model Train Forum > N Scale
Forgotten your password?

N Scale Atlas, Life-Like, Graham Farish, Micro-Trains, Minitrix and other N scale discussion.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #361
Carl
Dispatcher

Nice looking cars..Mike.

I hope we can post here what is on the work bench, but has not moved to the picture side of the equation. On my hotel desk is stained basswood being ready for cutting and application to a small derelict shack that is underway.
Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #362
Carl
Dispatcher

Like the cars, Mike.

My work bench is currently a hotel desk top that contains many strips of basswood that have been weathered are will be cut to length as siding for a derelict wood shake and is not at the picture stage.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #363
tjcruiser

Scales Modeled: HO ... and growing Lionel O
This thread is pretty open-format. If it has something to do with N, please feel free to discuss it here, with or without pics. Though pics are always a tread for any reader.

TJ
tjcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #364
Carl
Dispatcher

Working out of a hotel room in New Orleans, I have gotten this far with my little scratch build (N Scale). The magnifier/tweezers/light is a great help. Not the best lighting available in the room

Old 03-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #365
Alphaman
Hobo

Scales Modeled: N scale (I'm too blind to see my mistakes)
looks good..........your building "a home away from home"....busy as Macgyver
Alphaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #366
Fifer
Conductor

Scales Modeled: N,HO,O 3rail,G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
Working out of a hotel room in New Orleans, I have gotten this far with my little scratch build (N Scale). The magnifier/tweezers/light is a great help. Not the best lighting available in the room

Nice Carl , Mike
They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
-- John Lennon

Fifer Hobby Supply

http://www.n-scale-model-trains.com/
http://www.ho-scale-model-trains.com/
Fifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #367
Carl
Dispatcher

Today is the start of the March Madness...NCAA Tournament. In celebration of this day and the fact that my school (back in the late 60's) is in the tournament (also Number 1 rated in the nation). I have taken the day off to celebrate this event and take a turn at trying to make trees using the MS stuff. This might be consideration a journey into …....., but if this is a will then there must be a way). Pictures might be forth-coming depending of the results.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #368
David-Stockwell
Conductor

Scales Modeled: Z scale through O scale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
Today is the start of the March Madness...NCAA Tournament. In celebration of this day and the fact that my school (back in the late 60's) is in the tournament (also Number 1 rated in the nation). I have taken the day off to celebrate this event and take a turn at trying to make trees using the MS stuff. This might be consideration a journey into …....., but if this is a will then there must be a way). Pictures might be forth-coming depending of the results.
Hi Carl,
Haven't watched the NCAA in years so had to look up the NCAA tournament to see who was raked #1!! LOUISVILLE about a 100 years ago my home state just north of there (Indiana) was frequently in the NCAA finals, but not for a long time now Anyway good luck to your team and good luck with the trees!! Some time ago I asked about your layout and if you had pictures!!! Haven't seen any yet

Cheers, Dave
Old 03-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #369
Carl
Dispatcher

David.....I have been involved in a legal matter that is currently being heard in the federal court in New Orleans......this has put a damper on being able to spend quality time on the hobby. When it is over, I expect to be able to return to the hobby.
----------------------
David, I did have a picture of a piece of the layout on the computer. This is an under-construction shot. Need to lighten up the green colors, clean up the ballast and finish the subs that were retro-fitted.

My school is Gongaza University. A school of approx. 4500 students. They were #1 in the Nation. Louisville was ranked #1 going into the NCAA tournament.

Last edited by Carl; 03-22-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #370
Fifer
Conductor

Scales Modeled: N,HO,O 3rail,G
This was on my workbench but today I transfered it to the layout. Next is to blend it in.

Mike
They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
-- John Lennon

Fifer Hobby Supply

http://www.n-scale-model-trains.com/
http://www.ho-scale-model-trains.com/
Fifer is offline   Reply With Quote