Introduce yourself here! - Page 611 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > General Model Train Forum Discussion > General Model Train Discussion
Forgotten your password?

General Model Train Discussion Mostly anything goes, especially train related!

Old 01-15-2017, 10:00 PM   #6101
86swonavy
Hobo

Scales Modeled: HO
Dear Gun Runner John,

Thank you very much for the response and warm welcome!

Upon further research my track will consist of Canadian National, Canadian Pacific, CSX, Metro North Hudson, and Amtrak. This allows for lots of diversity in the future purchase of locomotives and freight cars for the module!
86swonavy is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 08:07 AM   #6102
VegasN
Engineer

Scales Modeled: N
Modern times? Cool! Don't see a whole lot of modern layouts. Looking forward to seeing your work. Be prepared for lots of paving/cement work.
VegasN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:44 PM   #6103
86swonavy
Hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasN View Post
Modern times? Cool! Don't see a whole lot of modern layouts. Looking forward to seeing your work. Be prepared for lots of paving/cement work.
Dear Vegas,

I'm looking forward to jumping in however, don't hold your breath on anything soon! My initial plan is to cover Montreal to Albany as that stretch of track through the Adirondacks and along Lake Champlain is so beautiful. Not only is it stunning scenery, its also my backyard. As of the moment I'm currently in military housing and space is very limited with a newborn, and just the simple fact it's not a big house. As a result I do not have room right now for any type of layout
Not all doom and gloom! Our next assignment has us moving in late summer/early fall and the next house looks promising in terms of space. Once settled in I can begin assembling tools/supplies to start on my 1/87th scale of Central Station in montreal as well as this massive yard that will serve as my starting point.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg montreal_yard.jpg (229.7 KB, 6 views)
86swonavy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM   #6104
IronManStark
Hobo

Hello everyone! My name is Hugh. I'm a bit new to the train world. I have a small collection of bachmann & rivarossi engines. I have made my own HO scale Polar Express all with rivarossi cars & a berkshire loco.
I am working on a small layout with a yard & 3 main lines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IronManStark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:56 AM   #6105
time warp
Dispatcher

Location: Brazil, Indiana. Smack in the middle of coal country
Scales Modeled: Old School HO and British OO
Welcome Hugh! Jump on in, the water's fine!
time warp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:00 AM   #6106
mopac
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: HO mainly
Welcome Hugh. You will like it here. You will learn a lot. You have a nice collection of steamers there. I like steam also. And you have some cool rolling stock. Make some
coal loads for those empty hoppers. Nice layout design.

Just curious - How long did you lurk on the forum before you joined?
mopac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:57 AM   #6107
IronManStark
Hobo

I just found the forum! I have been Google searching a lot the past year or so. I have had a train set when I was a kid. My dad would help me set it up under our tree every year.
Now that I am in my late 30's I have a daughter that is 2 & loves trains!! So we have started a collection! When she was born I put a shelf around her room about 11" from the ceiling. I ran ez track on it with a couple of Santa Fe Diesels pulling covered hoppers.
Many times that train would put her to sleep for dad!
I look forward to learning a lot from all you here! I have many questions. I will be upgrading to dcc soon & have no idea where to start! Lol

Old Today, 09:13 AM   #6108
NAJ
Conductor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronManStark View Post
Hello everyone! My name is Hugh. I'm a bit new to the train world. I have a small collection of bachmann & rivarossi engines. I have made my own HO scale Polar Express all with rivarossi cars & a berkshire loco.
I am working on a small layout with a yard & 3 main lines

Welcome Aboard!!!
Love the layout, funny how "small" has different meanings for different folks, wish I had room for that small collection of trains.

Enjoy!!!
Old Today, 09:19 AM   #6109
IronManStark
Hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ View Post
Welcome Aboard!!!

Love the layout, funny how "small" has different meanings for different folks, wish I had room for that small collection of trains.

Enjoy!!!

lol yeah! That is just a shot of the yard. I will try to get a better pic of the overall layout later.

Old Today, 12:29 PM   #6110
rwkeating
Hobo

Hi. Hopefully you will tolerate me as I am not a model train fan (although I do think they are cool.) I have a very old train that I would like to fix (or get fixed) and sell, so I came here for advice. I am going to read through the FAQs and sticky threads first and post the details later. Thanks, Russell
rwkeating is online now   Reply With Quote