Model Train Forum banner

N Gauge setup finally operational

770 views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Cannon0006 
#1 · (Edited)
A few months ago, as some of you may remember, I inherited a complete N gauge railroad.
It was from one of or Meals-on-Wheels clients that passed away. He and his wife knew how much I loved trains, so it was willed to me.

I have been building a train room, separate from the house. The outside is finished, but the inside needs insulation, wallboard and ceiling.
It's taking a long time to finish because we have social security only, and it's a long time between checks.
But I couldn't wait, so I put the layout in there anyway. It's small enough to work around when necessary.

I took these videos today. I was just making sure the engines were running OK, and the tracks were not derailing trains anywhere.
It's not HD quality, but it's watchable.

EDIT: I just viewed them. Seems like Tinypic speeds up the videos somewhat.
Don't think I'm running them that quick!

View My Video

View My Video

View My Video

See less See more
#3 ·
Ron, you're very blessed to have received that layout in such good condition. I enjoyed your videos, thanks for showing us.

Believe me, I understand the financial constraints! This hobby is expensive enough even before trying to build a room for the layout. Looks like you're doing a great job, both building and watching the pocketbook. :appl:

#4 ·
Thanks, Don and Fire21. Now all that remains on his layout is to replace the buildings and other scenic touches he had removed.

A footnote: I showed the three videos to his wife today. (She is still a client of ours, and now a good friend)
She gasped, covered her face with her hands and said, "Oh my God.......you brought a part of him back to life".
She then proceeded to hug my wife and I, while we were drowned in tears. :)

#5 ·
He said "Let there be trains", and there were trains and everyone was joyful and happy.:D

I guess the pictures are in N scale?
I guess because they are N scale trains?:p

I click on them and get sent to Photobucket but I don't see anything?

I will try again.

#6 ·
Nope, I don't see them there. :dunno:

I see all the other stuff you have there?:eek:hwell:

#7 ·
Ed, did you give plenty of time for them to load? Photo bucket sometimes takes forever to load for me. If you are successful in loading, you can use the arrows on the image to move to the other videos. Good luck!

#9 ·
Maybe they are loading up like mentioned.

I see 3 of them, but when I click on them nothing happens, I will try later.

#12 ·
Working for your eyes only I guess.:dunno:

Does anyone else see Ron's videos?
Maybe it is on my end somehow?

#14 ·
About time!:eek::p

Cool a silent movie? :p
You better slow that train down! :eek:

Nice Ron, are you planning anything for it?
I see spots for things? A farm? Some houses?
Looks like some of the trees took some 100 mph straightline winds from the West and are leaning a little?:D

#15 ·
Haha, the video got speeded up when I put it there on Tinypic. I prefered the quality on Photobucket, but they let you view my whole library.

You see exactly right, Ed. The buildings were removed for transport. I have them all put away for now.
And the trees? They got all bent when the lady was storing it. I need to replace a dozen or more of them too. Got knocked out coming to my house.

I wanted to get the railroad running. That was the priority to me. NowI have time to reinstall everything else to make it complete.

#16 ·
OK, don't get too involved with the little trains.
Remember the O. :smilie_daumenpos:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.