Model Train Forum banner

what kind of transformer?

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  norgale 
#1 ·
My Marklin mini-club transformer "went out". I was using it to power a Micro-train on a small oval. I need to replace it! I want something to run two microtrains on separate small ovals, not connected, but running at the same time, if possible. (I've run two Marklin trains at the same time on the same transformer for years!) Do Microtrains require a more powerful transformer? I'm a novice! I have one microtrain (engine and three cars). At this point, I had planned on two microtrains, to run on a small shelf under my current layout in a coffee table. At this point, I have three choices. #1 forget my project. #2 proceed with microtrains (buy another train and appropriate transformer) #3 Abandon my one microtrain, and use only Marklin engines. None of these are cost effective for me!

FYI-----I have a beauitiful Vintage (Marklin) layout in a very nice coffee table that I have had for years. There is no way to "add to" this except to put a shelf under the coffee table.

#2 ·
Wilbur a lot of transformers have a circuit breaker in them. In case of a short they will blow the breaker so nothing gets burned up. These breakers will reset themselves after some time and work again. maybe that's what's going on with your tranformer. Can you try another engine ? Pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.