Model Train Forum banner

Pictures of our '00' Gauge Layout (Neware)

23K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  lyrics 51 
#1 ·
Some pictures for viewing of the clubs '00' Gauge layout with various stock including South African !

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
So I guess OO and O are completely different.
OO is approx 1:76, and actually dates back to the 1920's. Big in the UK. Lionel actually had a line of OO in the late '30's / early '40's, but it never really caught on in the US. Surprisingly, as Lionel's mainstream O began to decline in the tail of the 1950's, the smaller HO gained great popularity. In a way, Lionel was ahead of it's time with it's early OO run, but perhaps too early. It never really saw the HO birth on it's horizons.

TJ

#10 ·
I have just one problem with the communities section of the forums. What exactly are they for? I mean in this sub forum alone their is only one person connected with it and he has not been on for a while and doesn't say a lot. I am just confused to why it is here and its purpose. Oh and I really like the layout as i said above.

#11 ·
its a very old layout now, our new layout is going to be up and running soon, as well as our N Gauge which is under construction.. will be posting some pictures soon.
As a club we find it useful for us to have this sub-forum to communicate with other modellers and to attract attention towards the club but as a full time worker and with other commitments i dont have the time to be on the forum as much as i'd like but i do try.

#15 ·
Really like the attention to detail! Looking forward to the new layout. I have a question. I bought a Thomas the Train set, loco and three cars here in the US. It has the 00 gauge couplers on it (at least they look like the pictures I looked up) and is made by Bachman. Is it possible it's a 00 gauge train? It runs great on the HO rails!

Attachments

#16 ·
OO and HO use the same guage track. The tie spacing may be different between the two.

I have some Thomas stuff and a collection of various OO British equipment. Your Thomas is probably OO scale, as it was made by Bachmann.

Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.