Model Train Forum banner

plans for scratch building

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  norgale 
#1 ·
Are there any plans available for building ho houses, barns, etc? I have seen real nice laser cut kits, but how about just plans. Thanks
Jim S.

#2 ·
there is a site (and I know this has been posted about here a few times) that has paper/punch out type buildings that you can make, you just adjust the size for your scale, I think someone should chime in as far as links and all...

#5 ·
Thanks guys, the scale model plans site looks good. I have crummy dial up internet connection and no printer, so I would have to get a friend to print the plans for me.
I would like to build barns, houses, industrial buildings that would fit into the 1940's and 50's.
Jim S.

#6 ·
Try to get ahold of old Model Railroader magazines. There are tons of plans in them of every kind of building you can think of. Why don't you post your name and address here and some of us could print and send you some plans by regular mail. If you don't want to post your address send me a PM with it and I'll come up with some plans for you. Also you can get plans on line and take pictures of them on your screen or save them to your computer. Then load the pics into your computer and you can view them anytime you want. Be sure to get plans with dimensions on them so you can scale the model with a ruler. HO scales to 1/8" equals one foot. That's not exact but it is close enough so that it will work. Pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.