Model Train Forum banner

TRAX, the first webbased model railroad design application

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Big Ed 
#1 ·
Hi,

I' d like to introduce to you my model railroad design application TRAX. It is the first and only web based program of it's kind and it is totally free.

I started developping TRAX in 2011 and launched the first version in the beginning of 2012. Until now it was only available in Dutch - my native language - but recently I started to translate the app and the web site into English.

TRAX features:
- It works on all computers that are equiped with a modern browser, like Windows PC's, iMacs and Linux machines. I'm trying also to get it working well on Android and iOS devices.
- Easy dragging, attach and detach track sections
- Use colors for separate sections or area's. Complete with nice legend
- Make snapshots of your design and save it as png,jpg or gif.
- Surface over 100 by 100 miles possible.
- Share your design. Get comments from fellow TRAX-users or allow others to copy it.
- A viewer that allows you to embed your layout design on your own website or on model railroad fora.
- Share layouts you like with your friends using Twitter-, Facebook- and Google+buttons.
- 100% Free.
- Over 30 track programs already available. And if you are missing one, let me know and I will try my best to get it in.

Please take a look, let me know what you think: www.traxeditor.com

Please note that English is not my native language, I dearly appreciate any suggestions to make the texts on the website and in the user manual better.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hallo...A mod may move this to product promotion?

I did not sign up as of yet, does it do O and G scale?

Edit, I see some G, but no O.

#4 ·
@Big Ed: it was in no way my intention to violate forum rules, to me TRAX is not a product but just a hobby.

TRAX can deal with all scales, it' s just a matter of adding the track programs for that scale. If you name me the O-scale track program you need, I will see if I can get it in.

@Holshot14: There are over 30 track programs, you can find the list over here: Trax Features

#6 ·
I know, I was just saying it might be moved to product promotion. Which it was I see.
Nice, free and you want to keep it free. I like that word.... Free. :)

I don't know of a O track program, I thought maybe there was one there and I missed it.
I never used any track planning programs, in any scale, ever.:dunno:

Maybe just scribbled on a piece of paper, that is all I ever did. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.