Model Train Forum banner

Moving up in titles

Tags
titles
25K views 195 replies 33 participants last post by  gunrunnerjohn 
#1 ·
User Titles Explained

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the breakdown of user titles, it's based on the number of posts you have:

Gang Laborer - 0-99 posts
Brakeman - 100-249 posts
Conductor - 250-699
Engineer - 700+

Looks like we have a few members who are getting to the end of the hard labor stage! Thanks for all your contributions.
Make this thread the place to post the post that put you into the next level of forum achievement.

#5 ·
On the rise

Just to announced I made it to my 700th posts.
MTF is a great place. I appreciate the feedback.
I try not to lead posters astray, but you guys keep me straight.What is interesting is that I learn more with every post.
Thanks for the support.

#12 ·
I own one shop, The Skunk Works, that builds hot rods/street rods. Business is real good. Can't understand it with the economy. We actually have a waiting list......

We are so busy for the past few years that we haven't had time to even start a web page. Couldn't maintain one even if we had it. We have (8) cars in the shop that's crowded when we have (4). Something has to break soon. Need more space.

We originally did about (6) cars a year. We've done that many since Christmas. I hate to make any moves with the economy. I'll keep th little shop until we just can't move around any more.

Got a few of other irons in the fire, too. Everyone is screaming about the economy and I have to turn work away, hire more people, and just go nuts in general. Hopefully it keeps going.

By the way, most of my posts are from work at the shop. I show up, answer the phone,sit at the desk, turn a couple wrenches(I'm the chief engine builder and I have a helper...a sit down job) and drink coffee all day.

#18 ·
Good to hear there's another risk-taking American Capitalist enterpreneur here. :) That's the way to prosper regardless of economic cycles by creating your own job instead of needing someone else to give you a job. I started a small business in the middle of the last big recession in 1979, and it's provided for all of our needs and wants ever since.

Greg

#22 ·
Would that be a, "Steely Eyed Commitment", to getting things done and done right? And the "Work Ethic", that shows how each of them know that their jobs are important, and should be done with "Dignity and Pride?"

I've known many such people. Men and women, that expected nothing, but, "An honest days wage, for an honest days work."

#26 · (Edited)
Wow Southern your like a "Seasoned Legend" on this forum...I think Reckers is the only other more "Legendary" individual!;)
Oh and Congrats on the promotion...Must be all that DCC talk that's doing it for you!:D:laugh:

EDIT:
NO wonder it's taken you so long to move up in rank...Moivng up in titles... Management was afraid you couldn't spell Twainz.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

EDIT EDIT:
N W S ! ..... I've alway been afraid to use that for fear that the meaning wasn't NEWS but was NOT WORTH S**T!:eek:

#31 ·
Congrats!

Back in the old days there were fewer posts.

Now all you need to do is ask what size resistor in ten different threads , then ask voltage,wattage, where do I buy, how do I solder, will if fit, how do I power it, how do add more LEDs, make them flash faster,slower, and how do I clean it???? To each thread and you will have :D 100.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.