Board Issues Since Latest Software Update - Page 6 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > General Model Train Forum Discussion > Forum News, Updates and Help
Forgotten your password?

Forum News, Updates and Help MTF News and Updates will be posted here. Feedback is welcome. Have a question about how the forum works? Post here!

Old 12-22-2016, 03:07 PM   #51
gunrunnerjohn
Admin

Scales Modeled: O-gauge 3-rail
I run the i7-2600 @3.4ghz and 16gb of memory, so there is a significant difference. I also have an SSD as the boot drive.

Looking to enhance your TMCC Steamers and Passenger Cars?
Super-Chuffer, Chuff-Generator, LED Passenger Car Lighting Kit, LED Lighting Regulator
gunrunnerjohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2016, 03:12 PM   #52
highvoltage
Engineer

Scales Modeled: O, O27
Well, this is a laptop I bought a few years ago. Can't afford anything else right now, so I'm stuck with making it work.
highvoltage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 10:49 AM   #53
vs-Admin
Conductor

Quote:
Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
Well, this is a laptop I bought a few years ago. Can't afford anything else right now, so I'm stuck with making it work.
Hey,

If the laptop is only a few years old that shouldn't effect speed that much. How long are you noticing the hang times?

~Sheena
vs-Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 12:15 PM   #54
highvoltage
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vs-Admin View Post
Hey,

If the laptop is only a few years old that shouldn't effect speed that much. How long are you noticing the hang times?

~Sheena
As I've mentioned above, I only noticed it the one time I turned off my ad blocking app. I didn't time it back then, and immediately turned my ad blocker back on because of the poor performance.

I've been running with the ad blocker turned on ever since, so I don't currently have a performance issue.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:36 PM   #55
geophyte1
Hobo

Internet Explorer 11 Problem

I've been accessing the forum on a regular basis lately and I use IE 11 but yesterday when I hit my forum shortcut the forum page came up momentarily and then went to a white screen with the forum name still showing on the tab. I've given it a minute or so but still white. I then switched to Chrome using the exact same web address and all works normally.

Today I emptied my cookies and temp files on IE but still have the problem. Still works well on Chrome.

Any ideas? Other than use Chrome
geophyte1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:41 PM   #56
raleets
Station Master

Scales Modeled: HO
I use IE7 and have been having the exact same problems for about three days.
The forum comes up, then the screen goes white.
I really don't want to use Chrome, so hopefully this is a temporary hiccup in the system.
Bob
raleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 03:39 PM   #57
highvoltage
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geophyte1 View Post
I've been accessing the forum on a regular basis lately and I use IE 11 but yesterday when I hit my forum shortcut the forum page came up momentarily and then went to a white screen with the forum name still showing on the tab. I've given it a minute or so but still white. I then switched to Chrome using the exact same web address and all works normally.

Today I emptied my cookies and temp files on IE but still have the problem. Still works well on Chrome.

A lot of us use Mozilla Firefox with good results.
Old 01-14-2017, 05:04 PM   #58
time warp
Dispatcher

Location: Brazil, Indiana. Smack in the middle of coal country
Scales Modeled: Old School HO and British OO
My computer at work has been doing that for a couple of days.
Always when a go back out of a page and try to look at another.
I've found have to keep hitting the back arrow until the screen stays up, then it will go in okay. Wierd.
time warp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 06:00 PM   #59
geophyte1
Hobo

Just tried hitting the back arrow and sometimes it brings up the initial page (one time the page came up as it normally should after hitting my shortcut) but then the next page disappears to white and the back arrow only gets me back to where I started so I can't move around in the forum with IE 11.
geophyte1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 06:23 PM   #60
gunrunnerjohn
Admin

Scales Modeled: O-gauge 3-rail
Quote:
Originally Posted by geophyte1 View Post

That's as odd as it can be, I just tried it and you're right! I'm using Firefox now, but I pasted the link to this thread into IE11 and big as life, it painted up the page and then the screen goes all white!

Looking to enhance your TMCC Steamers and Passenger Cars?
Super-Chuffer, Chuff-Generator, LED Passenger Car Lighting Kit, LED Lighting Regulator
gunrunnerjohn is online now   Reply With Quote