Lionel OO scale items... - Page 2 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Scale Specific Model Train Forum > OO Scale
Forgotten your password?

OO Scale Airfix, Bachmann Branchline, Peco, Dapol, Lima, Kitmaster and all other OO scale discussions here.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #11
kinetickyle
Hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcruiser View Post
Doyle says that Lionel offered 4 versions of the 4-6-4 Hudson: high trim or low trim (piping, valve gear, etc.) in each of 3-rail or 2-rail power options. Production ran 1938 through 1942.

TJ

Ohh ... and T-Man ... I saw LOTS of OMG price tables! (Though I guess tinplate man on the corner with his $450 238 was king of the hill!)
Hey,
I have what I believe is a 1939 New York Central 4-6-4 Hudson #001E-24 6, with a model 003W tender. The number under cab is 5342. Does any or all of this info sound
right? Where can I find more info on these model numbers?
Thanks
kinetickyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #12
kinetickyle
Hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston&Maine View Post
Does anyone here own the Lionel OO scale NYC Hudson from the 1940s?
Hey,
I have Lionel Engine 001E-24 6, 003, 4-6-4 New York Central Hudson with 003W Tender. Trying to find out more about both pieces.
Thanks
kinetickyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:14 PM   #13
tjcruiser

Scales Modeled: HO ... and growing Lionel O
Yes, Lionel produced the 001, 002, 003, and 004 series of OO scale locos from 1938 to 1942, all 4-6-4 Hudsons.

The 003 was built in 1939 ... made for 2-rail track; lots of detail on the loco; 5342 number on cab; paired with 003W (whistle) or 003T (non-whistle) tenders. "NEW YORK CENTRAL" on tender sides.

A sought after item ... value $250 and up, as warranted by condition.

Regards,

TJ
tjcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #14
trainguru
Engineer

Scales Modeled: HO, OO, and S & O at Christmas :p
Talking Just Keep Calm, and Carry On!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgmichel View Post
I model in OO british outline, but I am interested in doing US/Canada outline steam locos. Unfortunately, there is no OO North American stuff to my knowledge, except for the really old models that are more of collectors' items than anything else. I think I will have to build a second layout for North American HO. I don't like the strange magnified look of my luvly British outline locos next to the HO North American stuff. Its a shame, but that is the way it is. Its surprising how much of a difference such a small change in scale makes, even if they do run on the same track!
The problem with the ancient American OO scale, is that it is like the exact British OO scale system. The locomotives that British OO in general, runs on 4' 1" tracks, which is 4" 8 and 1/2" track in HO. The magnified look of British somewhat troubles me too, but we're just going to have to live with it. Frankly, I'm just going to guage everything between the two, and hope for the best.

"Ayeeeee!!!" - says The Fonz

trainguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 05:45 AM   #15
emailcmd
Hobo

Scales Modeled: OO HO
Hi, yes I have one very nice !
Lionel NYC Hudson 5342 Double O Gauge with steam engine 001E and tender 001T, around 1938 or 1939 I was said, model 'very detailed' one.
Also for this set train, I would like to know better about the engine/loco ref #001E-24 6 and the tender 001T-5 : thanks in advance shall you be able to tell me more about these specific numbers and their meaning ...

Morgan
emailcmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 03:31 PM   #16
Cycleops
Dispatcher

That's very interesting, I never knew there were any US outline OO gauge trains produced. There was a brief period in the UK when HO models were produced which of course gives the correct track gauge. Some die hards still model in it.
Cycleops is offline   Reply With Quote