Any Hornby Collectors here?? - Page 2 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Scale Specific Model Train Forum > OO Scale
Forgotten your password?

OO Scale Airfix, Bachmann Branchline, Peco, Dapol, Lima, Kitmaster and all other OO scale discussions here.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:57 PM   #11
butchjavier
Hobo

Scales Modeled: HO/OO
Send a message via Yahoo to butchjavier
Quote:
Originally Posted by gc53dfgc View Post
Very nice trains Butch. I personally don't like the UK diesels but love all the steams and some of the electrics.
thanks,,,,@gc53dfgc

wish i could finish my 4 x 8 ft diorama and take pictures for everybody to view maybe this end of december
butchjavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2014, 07:52 PM   #12
Luke 221
Gang Labourer

Scales Modeled: Postwar Lionel, S Gauge, HO scale
I collect Hornby. So far, I have several diesels and one steam locomotive. I also have a collection of about 30 pieces of rolling stock.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:02 PM   #13
Luke 221
Gang Labourer

Scales Modeled: Postwar Lionel, S Gauge, HO scale
Here are some pics of my OO gauge collection. The Locomotives are all Hornby. The rolling stock is a mix of Hornby, Lima, and Mainline.

Attached Images
File Type: gif XR01.gif (142.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: gif XR02.gif (148.0 KB, 33 views)
File Type: gif XR03.gif (136.7 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by Luke 221; 05-11-2014 at 11:18 PM..
Luke 221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:32 AM   #14
Br 98.75
Gang Labourer

Scales Modeled: Ho,00,O,N
USA

I have some really old hornby stuff and some newer currently i'm working on a set of modules i was given it on30 but i'm going to cut and hide the ties
https://www.flickr.com/photos/86150435@N04/13969345617/
i even have old lima bakelite cars for the wind up sets
Br 98.75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:07 AM   #15
midrange
Hobo

Been a long long time since I was here, but seeing the negative replies on page 1 I can see why.

I choose to do with my trains what I wish. the huge mark up these trains gained over the years by not being opened is very substantial.

Since this posting we have easily spent over 5 grand on the colection of A4's including one of the most recent, the great gathering WITH the display case directly from Hornby. These are opened and displayed in the case. I have lots of pics. NOt everything we buy stays in its box unopened, mostly colletor edition A4's.

If anyone is interested, I have a "ARK Royal" diesel for sale brand new in box never opened. Details if interested.

CHeers
midrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:39 AM   #16
Big Ed
Railroad Tycoon

Scales Modeled: O right now. HO packed/ small N scale table, G scale for under the Christmas tree.
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by midrange View Post
Been a long long time since I was here, but seeing the negative replies on page 1 I can see why.

I choose to do with my trains what I wish. the huge mark up these trains gained over the years by not being opened is very substantial.

Since this posting we have easily spent over 5 grand on the colection of A4's including one of the most recent, the great gathering WITH the display case directly from Hornby. These are opened and displayed in the case. I have lots of pics. NOt everything we buy stays in its box unopened, mostly colletor edition A4's.

If anyone is interested, I have a "ARK Royal" diesel for sale brand new in box never opened. Details if interested.

CHeers

You really only had 1 negative reply from tankist, I can't see what he posted as I guess the picture has been removed. I do see he second reply, which I think is out of place as the title of the thread asks, Any Hornby Collectors here??
I don't see why he even posted what he did. But his was really the only "negative reply in there. He hardly ever logs in anymore.

gc53dfgc asked you twice what the commonwealth series by hornby is?
You never did answer him.

Your right, they are your trains so you don't have to open them if you want.
But I agree with gc53dfgc. I never could see buying something and not even looking in the box to see if there was actually a train in it.
But they are yours and has nothing to do with the threads title, "Any Hornby Collectors here??" Unless there is a clear panel to see them in the box, I hope there are trains in the box. I hope they are not damaged either. I would want to inspect them. But that is me, you have the right not to open them they are yours.

I don't have any hornby's but had to comment, don't let one negative poster stop you from posting here. I don't know how many collect or run hornby but I see there are a few. Maybe there are more since you signed up in 2010.

I like all forms of trains, I would bet that some would love to see pictures of the boxes.
Some of the old boxes go for more then the trains!

I would like to see some pictures and I would bet others would too.
Don't judge everyone here by 1 members reply.
Welcome back, stop in once and a while.
If you want.

What the commonwealth series?

Central Railroad of New Jersey
Big Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:19 AM   #17
Cycleops
Dispatcher

Is tankists reply negative? He was just expressing an opinion, one that many would agree with. Seems odd to me, collecting trains and never looking at them, but there's all sorts out there.
Cycleops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 12:58 AM   #18
Chops124
Hobo

Rather nice collection, that. Good job!
Chops124 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 12:59 AM   #19
Chops124
Hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by butchjavier View Post
thanks,,,,@gc53dfgc

wish i could finish my 4 x 8 ft diorama and take pictures for everybody to view maybe this end of december
I look forward to seeing it!
Chops124 is online now   Reply With Quote