I have three different kinds of track cleaning cars: Two CMX, Two Aztek Annihilators, Three MNPs.
I like the CMX because it is all metal can I can use just about any cleaning fluid. I use it with lacquer thinner if the track is really dirty.
The Aztex I use with alcohol. The MNP dry for a quick clean and polish.
Everybody seems to have their favorite ballasting method. I watched several videos and tried them all.
What works for me:
- brush full strength white glue on the sloped sides
- sprinkle ballast on glue
- pat smooth keeping ballast off ties,rails
- wait a bit to let glue begin to dry
- sprinkle ballast between sides keeping ballast off ties, rails
- spray gently with "wet" water, ballast should stay put
- add diluted white glue with dropper
- when dry remove any stray ballast from ties, rails
If you can go look at track in your area. Around here, except for some little used sections, it is neatly done.
I should have mentioned that I use ballast from Arizona Rock & Mineral Company.
Last edited by fcwilt; 01-20-2016 at 02:23 PM..