My miscellaneous OO items - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Scale Specific Model Train Forum > OO Scale
Forgotten your password?

OO Scale Airfix, Bachmann Branchline, Peco, Dapol, Lima, Kitmaster and all other OO scale discussions here.

Old 05-24-2016, 05:04 PM   #1
Ace
Hobo

My miscellaneous OO items

Several years ago a friend in Australia sent me a batch of old trains that a friend had rescued from long-term storage under a house, as I recall. Australian model railroaders often model English or American trains due to a shortage of Australian-prototype models.

Most of these are old OO-scale Triang items, I think. They were all gauged for HO track. The large flanges stumble on typical USA HO turnouts. I replaced some of the wheels with Athearn so they can run on my HO layouts.

A Bachmann F7 is painted and lettered for Victorian Railways, so it vaguely resembles an S class (which in real life has 6 axles). Some of the Triang coaches have rather bad red or brown paint jobs by a previous owner to resemble older Australian NSWGR trains. The one chocolate-and-cream passenger car is HO scale, noticably smaller than the OO coaches.

On second shelf at left are a couple urethane-cast bodies representing Sydney "red rattler" old electric MU suburban trains. There were about four of these bodies but some of them were badly broken up because the material is brittle with age. One unit had a Triang 4-wheel switcher chassis adapted as a power truck. The underframes were adapted from Triang coaches.

The two 0-6-0 steam locos have smoke units with piston-driven puffing mechanisms. They run OK.

I would be interested in any comments and info about these items.

2002-1547-English-OO-trains.jpg

Last edited by Ace; 05-24-2016 at 10:58 PM..
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2016, 04:03 AM   #2
Cycleops
Dispatcher

That's a nice little collection Ace. I particularly like the Triang diesel work train, that would be the oldest there I think. I'm not much of an expert on older UK stock I'm afraid but most would be from the sixties/seventies.
Cycleops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:03 PM   #3
time warp
Dispatcher

Location: Brazil, Indiana. Smack in the middle of coal country
Scales Modeled: Old School HO and British OO
Very nice collection! I've got a few Hornby items myself.
time warp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 05:29 PM   #4
time warp
Dispatcher

Location: Brazil, Indiana. Smack in the middle of coal country
Scales Modeled: Old School HO and British OO
It's a little hard to tell, but it looks like the two tan colored coaches are Tri-ang teak coaches for the flying Scotsman, the 2 blue coaches are later BR inter city. My hobby shop has 2 mates for the inter city, and one of the teak coaches.
time warp is online now   Reply With Quote