Model Train Forum banner

What engine to choose for these cars?

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  gunrunnerjohn 
#1 ·
I have some NYC Heavyweight passenger cars and would like to know what engine would best fit the era of the cars. I have several NYC engines to choose from but not sure what one to use. I only get one of the engines listed, we are selling the ones that don't fit the era of the cars. Thanks for any help.

18953 NYC System Alco PA-1 Diesel Locomotive
18056 NYC J1-e 763E Hudson
18067 4-6-4 Commodore Vanderbilt NYC
18009 NYC Steam 4-8-2 Mohawk L-3
18027 NYC Dreyfuss Hudson
18005 NYC 1-700E Hudson

My cars are

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks guys. Looks like i have all I am going to get. I have the NYC 700e and the NYC Dreyfuss Hudson both. I found all the paper work from where he sent his deposit and all the letters from Lionel saying they were sorry for the delay in shipment. It is numbered 450. He also got the display with it but at this time I can not find the display controller. Can this controller be bought by itself? My dad was wanting this one but he said he would never do anything with it and I would end up with it anyway in the future so he said for me to take it! I will display them till I can get a track built. I may throw an ovel together this winter till I can get time to make something bigger.

Attachments

#9 ·
He got the optional display case for it and it is made to work the locomotive stationary. It has a transformer made for it that plugs into the display base. The track on the base has roller bearings for the wheels to roll on and will smoke, and whistle and work all the features. I will try to post a picture of it from the advertisement when I get home tonight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.