Model Train Forum banner

Parts Source

93K views 74 replies 37 participants last post by  flyernut 
#1 ·
Anybody know of a good website fer reproduction and or used parts fer Lionel? I'm in the midst of restoring a 671RR, a 494 searchlite tower, and a searchlite car. The 2 searchlite items need the housings, lenses, and bulbs. My 671RR just needs brushes.

#8 ·
Vintage Lionel Parts

Two very good places to visit for Lionel train parts are: Smitty's Toy Train Parts and East Coast Train Parts. Olsen's Toy trains also has parts for postwar trains and accessories. A Google search of these on-line stores will send you to their sites.

#9 ·
Two very good places to visit for Lionel train parts are: Smitty's Toy Train Parts and East Coast Train Parts. Olsen's Toy trains also has parts for postwar trains and accessories. A Google search of these on-line stores will send you to their sites.
Note that there are links for both of those sites in my previous post on the topic. ;)

#17 ·
I second the motion.

And if you buy a lot of different parts, I like the way each part is vac packed with Id on it.

When I put an order in I make a list on what I might need in the future, to save on shipping.
Sometimes I won't get around to using them right away and I put them in the parts box.
When I finally go to use it, there they are fresh enough to eat.:D
And no guessing as to what goes where as they are labeled.:thumbsup:

#20 ·
They are expensive too, I have been watching them for a while.

I been watching them on e bay, do they have another site as well?
If you got it off e bay? You should have complained to e bay?
I think if you have a, not as described gripe against the seller they eat the return shipping cost also.

#21 ·
I didnt buy parts on ebay. Bought from their website... DEW@Associates. Most rude,hateful,sarcastic person Ive ever had to deal with in trains. Look at their feedback on ebay. Click on their 9 neutrals. You should see their responses when a customer isnt happy. Name calling, rude/sarcastic as hell. My advice is to deal with someone else. Threaten a libel suit if I got Paypal involved! Over a $9 part!!! Just a word to the wise..

#44 ·
Don't Buy Anything From Just Trains, LLC

This a rather harsh statement. I've been buying from Dennis Waldron for more than 25 years. Not one time did I encounter a rude, hateful or sarcastic person. My parts arrive in a speedy manner in first class condition. His NOS items are clean and serviceable. Their reconditioned parts often work better than new.

What most people fail to realize is that their attitude during any transaction is reflected back to them as if they were facing a mirror. Everything stated here is based entirely upon my experience. All the above is a matter of fact and my opinion.

#24 ·
Parts numbers - pictures

I am looking to try to get some parts for the first time. I notice that the websites listed above give you the parts number, but no pictures to show you what you are purchasing. I was looking for example at the decals for a sunoco car, but I think there are more than one version of that car. Do I have to purchase a catalog or is there a publilcally available parts list with some pictures or will a catalog even give me more info?

#25 ·
Jeff Kane does have a Photo Description section on his website, though I'm not sure that he would show decal differences there. You're best bet is to call him (or another source), and describe exactly what you're looking for.

There is no "definitive" prewar parts list, if that's what your looking for.

TJ

#28 ·
parts thumbs up fot Jeff

Hey,guys..What can I say.Jeff at train tender is the most. I bought a complete set of gearing including the holder plus a new motor for a Chessie loco for less than $20.00 dollars shipped.Man,I couldn`t steal them any cheaper as I`d have to leave the house.:eek:

Have a good weekend,Everett

#29 ·
Jeff at the TRAIN TENDER is the best

It is not only price, but even more-so.... SERVICE:
Jeff is willing to generously share his time and knowledge with a beginner in a way that almost makes me feel guilty for taking up so much of his time.
Jeff is efficient and prompt in getting orders out immediately and trusting one to follow later with payment.
On a continuum, there is BIG BOX.........................MOM & POP........and then there is JEFF.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.