Have a giggle - Page 156 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > General Model Train Forum Discussion > Union Station
Forgotten your password?

Union Station Off topic discussions - take a load off after a busy day of model railroading.

Old 04-21-2017, 01:14 AM   #1551
trainguru
Engineer

Scales Modeled: HO, OO, and S & O at Christmas :p
Wipe Sweat From Brow

^ Ironically, we could have based the Acela, off of the ICE trains from Germany.

"Ayeeeee!!!" - says The Fonz

trainguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2017, 05:38 PM   #1552
Homeless by Choice
Gang Labourer

Scales Modeled: HO
Bell Ringer

A local church was looking for some one to ring the big church bell on Sundays.
They had a notice posted on the door of the church.
One day the pastor heard someone at the door and when he went to see who it was there was a guy standing there. The guy said he was there to apply for the job ringing the bell.

Well, this was an uncomfortable situation for the pastor as the guy standing front of him actually had no arms. When the pastor mentioned this might be an issue the guy said show me the bell and I'll show you I can ring it.

They climbed up the bell tower to the bell. There it was a great big bell hanging in the tower. The guy took one look at it then ran across the room and jumped into the bell head first.....BONG. The pastor said that while that was impressive sometimes they ring the bell several times in a row. The guy took off across the room and jumped into the bell...BONG, then did it again and then did it again. Unfortunately on the third try he just glanced off the bell, tripped and fell out the window.

The pastor looked out the window and the guy was laying in the street down below. The pastor ran down the stairs and when he got outside a policeman was standing over the guy and asked what happened. The pastor said, well this guy wanted the job as our bell ringer, he was showing me how he could ring the bell, then he tripped and fell out the window.

The policeman asked if he knew the guys name and the pastor said.....

Gee I don't know but his face sure rings a bell.........
Homeless by Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:31 PM   #1553
D&J Railroad
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: HO only and some G scale stuff for display
but the very next day, this poor guys twin brother showed up looking for work and saw the note for the bell ringer job. He knocked on the door and the pastor answered the door and was stunned at what he saw. The twin, not knowing what had happened just the day before asked if he could try out for the job. The pastor was flustered and tried to tell the guy he didn't want him to do this, but the twin didn't want to hear it and pushed past the pastor and ran up the bell tower steps with the pastor right behind him. They got to the belfry and the twin said, "watch" and he ran at the bell with a resounding but weak "boooonnnnggg". The pastor begged him to stop but the twin took a run at the bell from across the room pushing off the wall for more speed. Sure enough, he miscalculated, hit the bell and fell out the window. The pastor ran back down the circular stairway to the street below where a crowd had already gathered around the pulp of the twin and the policeman asked if anybody knew who he was. The pastor gathered himself, took a deep gulp and said, "I don't know his name but he's a dead ringer to the guy who fell yesterday".

Old 04-21-2017, 08:48 PM   #1554
Lee Willis
Station Master

Scales Modeled: O-Gauge
Great jokes. For over twenty years I've been searching for a third bell ringer joke - there has to be one more punchline in that series.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:23 PM   #1555
Frisco Firefly
Dispatcher

Frisco Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:49 AM   #1556
Gramps
Engineer

Scales Modeled: HO then G back to HO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Willis View Post
Great jokes. For over twenty years I've been searching for a third bell ringer joke - there has to be one more punchline in that series.
They have been around for some time but the original is the best.
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:27 AM   #1557
Lee Willis
Station Master

Scales Modeled: O-Gauge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisco Firefly View Post
Solid American values, Frisco Fireply.

The good things in life never change, do they?
Old 04-24-2017, 09:54 AM   #1558
Old_Hobo
Station Master

Scales Modeled: HO (also a little N & O)
That explains a lot.....

Tags
so funny ↑ there