Model Train Forum banner

my first time weathering a loco

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Shaunjr89 
#1 ·
This is the first time I tried weather in a locomotive I added some detail parts and try to match it as best I can from the pictures online. I added led ditch lights and tsunami sound decoder also. Still need to do some fine details.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
You mean you are copying the weathering? :confused:

If so the number looks fine.

I think trying to copy weathering is harder then to just weather it, I never tried to copy weathering.

You did a fantastic job. :D:thumbsup:

#7 ·
Yes I was trying to copy. I didn't want the side numbers crooked like the original though. The colors are hard for me to match. I do have a question and maybe someone here can tell me..on the original there is a chain for the brakes. What is the price called that the chain attatches to and does any company make that piece.

#9 ·
I detail myself and I think you are pretty darn close... Yes it's a pita to duplicate but it's worth it when you see it running on your layout and the compliments don't hurt either :)

You need white on the front of fuel tank and white blotches of the southern like the pic but thats up to you

I sold all my southern pacific's and now wish I didn't after seeing yours..

#10 ·
Thanks shaygetz for the link. Cannon has it. Its a chain tensioner. I looked on the site before I guess I just missed it. Grabbem88 that is the next thing I need to do is the white and grey fading. I've been trying to get the undercoat color right for the top part. Plus I have to put on some more details. I got rushed and weathered before I was finished. Next time more patience. Thank you all for the compliments.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.