Roundhouse HOn3 recommendations? - Page 2 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Scale Specific Model Train Forum > Other Scales
Forgotten your password?

Other Scales TT, T, HOn3, Narrow Gauge

Old 04-07-2017, 06:43 PM   #11
Tranz4mr
Hobo

Scales Modeled: HOn3, HO, O, std, D&RGW, C&S, DSP&P
If anyone wants an HOn3 Roundhouse kit I have a bunch of each of model 477, 472, 473, and 474. $25 each plus shipping. I do have a few spare parts as well so send the part number from the instructions if you need any.
Tranz4mr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2017, 07:38 PM   #12
Shdwdrgn
Dispatcher

I'd be interested in that! I'm having trouble with Google providing decent pics though... I currently have the 473 with the inside frame, and am interested in that same style. It looks like some of the roundhouse kits are painted with the silver front for D&RGW? And some might even come with silver instead of brass wheels? Do you happen to have a kit with those features?
Shdwdrgn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:16 PM   #13
Tranz4mr
Hobo

I have one 477 complete kit partially assembled inside frame with factory silver smokebox. Wheels are black centers with brass rims or tires with 378 on cab and rio grande on tender.
Also have four 473 inside frame kits. All have black wheels with brass tires or rims. The loco bodies are black unpainted plastic molded around a weighted metal core.

Old 04-07-2017, 10:21 PM   #14
Tranz4mr
Hobo

I have a second 477 complete unassembled kit silver smokebox lettered rio grande 378
Old 04-07-2017, 10:23 PM   #15
Shdwdrgn
Dispatcher

Ah bummer, I was really hoping some of the kits came with silver wheels. I had a hell of a time nickel-plating my wheels due to the cast metal centers on the drivers, but I still really like the looks of this kit. I assume the 473 kits are complete, as far as you know? I'm just up the road in Longmont, is there any chance we could meet up somewhere? You wouldn't happen to attend the Boulder model railroad club, would you?

I'm debating whether to get one or two kits from you... I'll have to think on that, but definitely interested!
Old 04-07-2017, 10:34 PM   #16
Tranz4mr
Hobo

I went through each of a dozen kits checking parts against the list. Most are unassembled, some are partially assembled but they are complete. I'm in Littleton near W470 near Ken Caryl exit. Probably could meet somewhere maybe Saturday or Sunday. Email me.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:36 AM   #17
Shdwdrgn
Dispatcher

I sent you an email, just wanted to make sure you got it?
Old 04-08-2017, 06:23 PM   #18
Shdwdrgn
Dispatcher

Awesome, I actually have more HOn3 locos than HO locos now. Thanks again, I should be pretty good at building these by the time I get done with all of them! And like I said, if you run across a 2-truck shay in that pile, let me know.
Old 04-08-2017, 08:22 PM   #19
Tranz4mr
Hobo

I also have a Roundhouse 390 HOn3 3 truck shay kit undecorated for $35

I also have a Keystone Locomotive Works HOn3 all metal 2 truck shay kit #HO-105n included is a NWSL Keystone locomotive kit 1053 which provides brass wheels axles gears, motor, transfer gears etc to power the Keystone shay kit $65
Old 04-15-2017, 10:58 PM   #20
Shdwdrgn
Dispatcher

Just a quick update as I'm nearing completion of the brass replacement pieces. AFter nickel-plating the slide rods a couple days ago, I got the pieces soldered together tonight. Just need to finish painting the brass, and it'll all be ready to screw in place...

Basically the black pieces are cast, and everything else there is brass pieces that I made.

I'm going to paint the yoke black, and snip off the back of the slide rods closer to the yoke. There's been a lot of time spent on getting all these pieces together, so it will be nice to finally see the entire drivetrain in action.