21130 AF question - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Scale Specific Model Train Forum > S Scale
Forgotten your password?

S Scale Get in here if you want the lowdown on S scale!

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2017, 01:43 PM   #1
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Durham
Posts: 17
21130 AF question

21130 AF. On my tender you have the 2 truck assemblies. Between the wheels there is a piece of metal that has a spring in it and the metal touches the track. What is the name of the piece of metal and what is the purpose of it? Thanks for any and all help. Larry
Larryhyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2017, 02:06 PM   #2
Gang Labourer
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 68
Scales Modeled: S
Tender pick-up is the piece that contacts the track. The other two pieces would be the Spring and the Hair Pin Cotter. Each truck on the tender has one assembly. I believe they were for added pick-up. Mostly found on engines with the Air Chime Whistle. Your 21130 did not have that feature. Hope this helps. Similar to what you find on the diesel trucks.

Last edited by cramden; 04-17-2017 at 02:19 PM.. Reason: Add. info.
cramden is online now   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Visit These Sites:
LGB World

Or Our European Train Website ModelRailForum

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.