Model Train Forum banner

Please post your Large Scale Trains here!

13K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  sptrains.com 
#1 ·
I recently purged some of my large scale trains (had too many) but here is a partial list:

LGB 2085D - Hanomag Mallet - one of LGB's biggest steam engines.
LGB 2070D - Zillertalbahn steam engine with 3 Zillertal passenger coaches
LGB 2043 - RhB GE 4/4 with 2 passenger coaches and baggage car
Frank S Live Steam - currently in pieces :eek:

I can't remember the names of the other ones!

#5 ·
As promised:

Some more stuff I had lying around:

A very prototypical RhB freight train led by the monster Ge 6/6 Krokodil. The red car on the end is a Rhatische Bahn postal / baggage car.

Just to illustrate G scale vs HO scale, in case:

sorry for the crappy pic quality, I think I rushed a little.

#15 ·
That would be the set. The original track is long gone, a much tighter radius like your set. The track I have is in LGB boxes and is a much wider radius.

The steam tractor I bought 3 years ago and never had the nerve to fire it up. It is a Mamod TE1a from about 1970-71 we figure, a sweet running engine that was apparently a presentation piece of some sort as it came with a fitted wood base that at one time had an engraved plate on it.

#19 ·

It's a crappy picture from my iphone, but you get the picture. The grid is from aristocraft trains, with peco s hook hangers. It works really well, but being fully suspended, sudden stops of the train cause the entire thing to sway.

Other than that it works perfectly. We have brackets to wall mount as well, but I need to position it in a way that wouldn't take it under the smoke detector. The grid is actually large enough to run two trains, but I figured 1 was enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.