Model Train Forum banner

Looking for WW2 German Standard Halocaust Car Drawings

20K views 46 replies 17 participants last post by  Atlanta 
#1 ·

I am looking for prototype drawings and information of the standard German Railway cars used during WW2. Specifically I am looking for 3 cars.
1) Standard Box cars used for ferrying Halocaust victims
2) Standard gondola (not sure if there was one but assume there was)
3) Information on the passenger car that WW1 surrender was signed in

John P

#2 ·
#3 ·
The only picture of the Passenger car I can dig up.

Adolf Hitler entering railroad car (used for Germany's surrender in WWI) for the French/German armistice negotiations, June 21, 1940. Photo by Hugo Jaeger for LIFE.

Transport Rolling stock Train Mode of transport Railroad car

There is not much info on the car itself.

#5 ·
What is that HO?
Did you make that?
It looks just like the picture I posted all it needs is some weathering to make it look old and battered.

#12 · (Edited)
Nope - Don't see it Sorry.
Gees - did I say that, crikie I should Look More, and I did.
These Car Shots should show some detail to make some measurements from.
Proportion is there to act by.
If you Know the Rail Wheel size, then you can calculate the rest from that.

#16 ·

I am looking for prototype drawings and information of the standard German Railway cars used during WW2. Specifically I am looking for 3 cars.
1) Standard Box cars used for ferrying Halocaust victims
2) Standard gondola (not sure if there was one but assume there was)
3) Information on the passenger car that WW1 surrender was signed in

John P
I do hope you're not going to model any ovens... :rolleyes:

Greg

#23 ·
My Friend Likes Hitler's Super Train and wants to Model it.
Remember, this is still real scale with 10 foot wide Track.
So this would mean that in H0scale the Train would be on G-scale track width or something with 1/87 rails?

#24 ·
Why?

In school, a few years back in language arts, we read "Night" by Elie Wiesel, and I had to help explain how small were the cattle cars they used. It was the darkest point in the rail related bits of my life. The conditions were no better than being an actual lot of cattle for the slaughter house. Many people died, millions, it was genocide. I just would like to know, why are you enquiring about these trains? What is your purpose? To educate and inform? To understand? What are the reasons for wanting to know about a tragic detail, of the most infamous of evils in the modern age?

#30 ·
In school, a few years back in language arts, we read "Night" by Elie Wiesel, and I had to help explain how small were the cattle cars they used. It was the darkest point in the rail related bits of my life. The conditions were no better than being an actual lot of cattle for the slaughter house. Many people died, millions, it was genocide. I just would like to know, why are you enquiring about these trains? What is your purpose? To educate and inform? To understand? What are the reasons for wanting to know about a tragic detail, of the most infamous of evils in the modern age?
As long as intentions are good, and not for evil. I don't mean to rag on other kinds of modeler's. And further more, I think we all should put this thread to bed, until the starter returns. I didn't mean him not comming back for the best, in a mean way. Maybe circumstances, dictated the thread a superfical thing. He may or may not come back. However in the meantime, let's close this for now, eh?

It was put to bed until someone dug it back up from the past.:rolleyes:
That someone was you.:cool:??

Big Ed,

Did our Australian friend ever recover from that dust storm they had and start remodeling? I can't recall any recent posts by him or his name and was wondering if you recalled.

I can't recall his ID right now, I don't think he as been back yet.

#25 ·
You realise guru that the OP has not been on since his first post that he made in this thread? I would imagine he was looking for it to model it maybe to inform, maybe to never remember what happened, or just trying to learn more about history. None of which are bad. It is only bad if he decides he wants to go and become a hitler which I doubt will happen.

#26 ·
It is so nice when they ask a question then never come back to acknowledge the reply's.:rolleyes::thumbsdown:

History is history, as bad as that was, it will never get forgotten.
It is in the history books.

Maybe he was modeling a war layout from that era.
I guess we will never know his intentions as he never came back.:rolleyes::thumbsdown:

#27 ·
So I Asked...

I understand the facts, however, when the subject is brought to light, I am disturbed at best. I wonder, if some distant relative could have had to bare the evils of WW2, because my family roots go to many countries involved in WW2. So I asked, but was it that bad to ask? Really? To try to know the reason? It's most likely for the best, he hasn't come back.

#28 · (Edited)
I feel like that is the wrond outlook on things guru. I understand that WW2 was bad but there is nothing wrong with modelling it. It makes a good challenge to model as well do to the lack of models so a lot of scratch building is involved. Plus during WW2 Germany made a lot of fascinating advancements in railroad equipment like massive rail guns or massive armored engines. They also advanced the airplane industry a lot as well. The Germans have always been an ingenius nation that has come up with some of the most details trian things out there. I feel like ti is perfectly fine if he comes back here even now. What harm is he going to cause you just because he is on here. There is another member on here from Australia that models WW2 and it is some of the best work I have seen. The amount of diversity in models was also something astounding as well. It isnot bad to ask the question but starting to state things about members who have posted one thing and saying he should not come back is not. You did not do that in your first post on this thread but your reply did.

Big Ed,

Did our Australian friend ever recover from that dust storm they had and start remodeling? I can't recall any recent posts by him or his name and was wondering if you recalled.

#29 ·
Let's put this to bed!

As long as intentions are good, and not for evil. I don't mean to rag on other kinds of modeler's. And further more, I think we all should put this thread to bed, until the starter returns. I didn't mean him not comming back for the best, in a mean way. Maybe circumstances, dictated the thread a superfical thing. He may or may not come back. However in the meantime, let's close this for now, eh?

#35 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.