Model Train Forum banner

Serenity, NV.

9K views 78 replies 11 participants last post by  VegasN 
#1 ·
Serenity, NV. A small desert town south of Betzville. A tourist town. Old time shopping, lodging, historical sites. A small but thriving town, on track to be the next boomtown, possibly even rival the growth of Betzville.
But slowly, Serenity started to change. A new freeway was built that is working it's way toward Betzville, essentially redirecting all of Serenity's tourist traffic. This made Serenity too far off the beaten path.
Strange things began happening in Serenity. Strange enough that the townsfolk of Betzville nicknamed it "Dead Town". The citizens seemed to just disappear.......

Then, last night..........

#5 ·
No one knows at this point. Everyone thought Serenity had been abandoned and just left to fade away, hence the nickname deadtown. Everyone left, so the town died. Interestingly enough though, Betzville reported a large purchase of some rail road equipment, including a Santa Fe GP40 by some science type people.
I wonder.......

#8 ·
Though no people have been reported seen as of yet, work is obviously being done.

They have cleaned up the station area...

And have begun construction on a fence....

The fence is reported to be 15'. What would they need a fence that tall for? I'll keep watching. I'll keep reporting what I find, as long as I can.....

#11 ·
Recently I was able to get a little closer look at Serenity. I snuck into the station.....

The "mysterious" black train has been identified.....

Z.E.R.T. I looked them up, it stands for Zombie Elimination & Research Team. Why would they be in Serenity? Is that what happened to all the people? I must get closer...

ZERT Holding Unit? What do they hold in there?

The Command Unit....be interested in being a fly on those walls....

I also noticed they have constructed more of the fence...

I have got to get inside there.....somehow......

#18 ·
:laugh:I hadn't noticed that, but, yeah, it kinda does. It's just the main posts, it will look like a wooden fence when I.....err....they have more time to work on it. I've.....I mean, they have been working on the back section first so it can get elevated, so I can finish the track work for Betzville.
Serenity, at the moment, is sitting on top of the table where Betzville's main rail yard is going to be.

#21 ·
Thanks Mike! I believe everyone should have a hobby of some kind. It keeps imagination, creativity alive. My wife always says "I'm not creative enough". I disagree with her. She is creative, I think everyone is. Its just a matter of finding what you like, and exercise that creative mind. The more creative ideas will come as you work on your hobby. Imagination is like everything else.....use it or loose it.

#26 ·
I returned back to Blind Gorge but the train was gone. I wasn't far from the station, so I took a shortcut back. I saw no one in the hills between the gorge and the station.

As I approached the station, I noticed the train was back, and the gate was open....

Saw that the coast was clear, so I went for it......and got caught!

I thought for sure I was locked up for good this time! But, no! They were actually happy to see me. Insisted I come in.

They showed me around...they are building a thriving little community in Serenity Station;

People fishing for food;

Kids hanging out;

People working;

But they kept calling themselves survivors. Survivors of what? I really was curious, but didn't want to ask just yet.

All I know so far, is they seem to be well defended......but from whom? Or what?

But, now that I am inside, it's time to get some answers. I'll chill with them for awhile, see what I can find out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.