Model Train Forum banner

Triang 4-6-2's

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  trainguru 
#1 ·
Who here knows about them???:confused:

#2 ·
I know about Triang and that they made some very nicely done models like their 2-2-0 Stephonson rocket. However the type of motors i have seen them use are a bit more on the finicky side and tend to have many breakdowns and a pain to get running again. Most of them are also UK prototypes and are never seen on US rails. From what you have been inquiring about you seem to be doing strictly US prototypes so these might not be what you want plus add in the fact that they are OO scale which is slightly bigger then HO so they may look odd but I did took some photos of UK OO next to US HO and could not really tell the difference so it could not be an issue. Just things to look at before buying one which runs from 50 to 100 dollars depending on condition and type.

#3 ·
I'm versitile, and an LMS Pacific (Duchess, not Princess), toured the USA in 1938, and Royal Scot a few years before! And I look up to Rev. W Awdry, and his son (they wrote the Railway Series; where the little blue LB&SCR E2 tank engine comes from!), so it's no issue for me. And if you know where to look, most of the cost is shipping! :D

#4 · (Edited)
Okay then, moving on, how bad would a Black Princess Elizabeth Pacific, look pulling a string of four LNER teak coaches, 0r Netherland State Railway stock, Mixed Brit stock or even Swiss?

#5 ·
The Princess Came Today!!! Help?

I have my Princess! and Holy London, Midland and Scottish Batman! She's as big as my Mantua Pacific! The tender is a smidge shorter, but just as high! Any ideas on non-invasive detailing, for her use on USA rails??? - :confused:

#6 ·
Non invasive detailing for use in the states? The mantau and the princess are both a Pacific class so should be close to size in all aspects. For detailing little brass or copper wire that can be bent to form pipes and what not. Detail parts can be gotten from online sources as well. If you want to make the engine seem shorter in height you are out of luck. For the tender you can possibly get lower riding trucks to lower how tall it is.

#8 ·
I'll try, but right now... everybody's herd of the "graveyard of the pacific" well, I have a sort of a grave yard... or Pacifics! :D :p my corrny joke of the evening!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.