Model Train Forum banner

Random Act of Kindness / Pass it Forward Auction

248K views 1K replies 105 participants last post by  Old_Hobo 
#1 · (Edited)
I have an idea. A Random Act of Kindness "auction".

Now we have all heard of the saying, "One man's junk is another man's treasure". And I'm sure that we all have "junk" laying around in closets, on shelves, in boxes.......

Here is my idea. We start a "barter auction" passing each bid on to others. Here's how it works. Member "A" puts something up for "auction". Member "B" bids by putting something of more or equal value as a "bid" taking what Member "A" has offered. Member "C" bids by putting another item and accepting Member "B's" offering. Working on a "first come, first serve" principle.

It is best explained by the term "trading forward".

Rules
1. Honesty and integrity is mandatory and non-negotiable. Anyone that breaks this code will be dropped from participating.
2. Shipping charges are paid for by the "buyer" unless otherwise offered by the "seller"..
3. Only actual shipping charges plus any special packaging costs(boxes, bubble wrap, ect) No added charges to make a profit. Afterall, it is a "random act of kindness".
4. All disputes will be handled between the parties involved.(See rule #1) The forum, or forum administrator/moderators, will not act as mediator or be held accountable. If no compromise can be met, the participating members will vote to settle the dispute. If it is decided that there is mitigating circumstances (See rule #1)
5. All items must be legal and train related. May be engines, cars, tools, track, or anything railroad.
6. Replacement offers should be close in value to the item claimed. If actual value is less one may offer free shipping.
7. Pictures to identify items and their condition is considered a best practice. Please post picture if at all possible.
8. Preferred shipping will be via a service that offers package tracking(USPS, FedEx, UPS). All "purchases" to be insured at the expense of the "buyer" and figured into the shipping charges..

More rules may be added or existing rules revised as needed.

If there is enough interest, I will be willing to start the "auction" by placing an item for first "bid". Just let me know by posting.

Bob

See less See more
#1,153 ·
I haven't been around for a while but I always liked this idea. I have a Bachmann 2-6-0 Alco Union Pacific Locomotive. This was a great runner until one of the connection wires broke and shorted out the DDC module. Smoke it pretty well as near as I can tell.
Looks like Bachmann has a replacement DCC Sound Board - AE32031 (DCC Sound) [AE32031] - $87.00 : Bachmann Trains Online Store!
Get the wire plug too Connector 8 Plugs (HO Universal) [CONNE-10546] - $8.20 : Bachmann Trains Online Store!

Could probably be converted to DC with a few diodes to bypass the DCC controller.
It's available for $20 or actual shipping. USA only. No box but will pack carefully.
Thanks
Pete

Handwriting Motor vehicle Automotive design Rectangle Font

#1,159 ·
If you see a red dot on your picture up there, someone replied to you or gave you a like.
When you see the red dot then click alerts from the dropdown list instead of following.

Reactions: sjm9911
#1,162 · (Edited)
Just wondering if anyone could use, or would be interested in this brass coin/medallion….1-1/2” diameter…

Free, including shipping, to the first person to acknowledge….all I would need is your shipping address….

First PM wins…. 😁

Edit: No longer available….thanks for your interest! :)

Front
Font Coin Currency Circle Nickel

Obverse
Font Circle Metal History

#1,167 ·
Could anyone use this pair of Walthers 2 axle passenger car trucks? I replaced them on a Walthers Sante Fe sleeper car, and I will never use/ need them anymore…..brand new, from a Walthers Mainline passenger car….36” metal wheelsets, couplers not included…

The best thing is….they are free to a good home….shipping included to N. America…. 😁
If interested, PM me your address….

Thanks!

Grey Snow Gas Freezing Auto part

Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Combat vehicle Mode of transport

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.