switch problem - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource  

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Scale Specific Model Train Forum > O Scale
Forgotten your password?

O Scale Atlas, Bachman, Hornby, K-Line, Lionel and classic toy train discussion.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
TRAINRICK
Hobo

switch problem

I have been running combinations of gargraves 042 remote switches and lionel #12081 switches with no problem. I recently added a gargraves remote close in line to a lionel remote. I left about four inches between the two and soldered a feeder from a buss between the two. I have power for the engines to run through both switches but lost my lionel switch lights at the sight and have no lights on the switch controller at the board which means no ability to throw the switch. I have NOT hooked up the gargraves switch yet. Is this causing my lionel switch not to work>? Appreciate any help here.

Trainrick
TRAINRICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
gunrunnerjohn
Admin

Scales Modeled: O-gauge 3-rail
I've been told that the Gargraves switches interrupt track power by design. Since I have never personally used them, I can only speculate this is the issue. Try running that buss around the Gargraves switch from the track on one side to the other side.

Of course, you can also simply power the switches from separate power supplies and eliminate this issue totally.
gunrunnerjohn is offline   Reply With Quote