Scratch building and scenery lessons... - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource  

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Model Train Workshop > Layout Design Forum
Forgotten your password?

Layout Design Forum Discussion resource for planning your dream layout, large, small or micro!

Old 12-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
ExclusiveHO
Gang Labourer

Thumbs up Scratch building and scenery lessons...

If anyone is interested, I give free lessons on how to make season specific sceneries from flat surfaces to mountains, to tunnels, to bridges to w.e your hearts desire along with teach how to scratch build in all scales @ my home, all you need is to bring your own materials as far as foam and plaster wrap goes, I supply the time, the paint and the tools! Inbox me for details

ExclusiveHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
joed2323
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: ho
Well only if i still lived in nj would this be helpful for me, darn!!!
joed2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:42 AM   #3
ExclusiveHO
Gang Labourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joed2323 View Post
Well only if i still lived in nj would this be helpful for me, darn!!!
Whenever your in town stop on by...
Old 12-31-2012, 12:38 PM   #4
feldon30
Brakeman

What a generous offer. In a couple of weeks, the local club will be offering a University day of classes which I'm very much looking forward to, otherwise I'd drive the 9 hours.

I'm curious where you get raw materials to build some of your track support structures. I'm particularly interested in wooden slats of different sizes. Do you use an Xacto knife to cut wooden pieces or is there something better I can use? Should I just head over to Hobby Furnituremartlobby with a keen eye?

Sorry for the noob questions. The scenery is probably the part I am most in the dark about.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:28 AM   #5
ExclusiveHO
Gang Labourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by feldon30 View Post
What a generous offer. In a couple of weeks, the local club will be offering a University day of classes which I'm very much looking forward to, otherwise I'd drive the 9 hours.

I'm curious where you get raw materials to build some of your track support structures. I'm particularly interested in wooden slats of different sizes. Do you use an Xacto knife to cut wooden pieces or is there something better I can use? Should I just head over to Hobby Furnituremartlobby with a keen eye?

Sorry for the noob questions. The scenery is probably the part I am most in the dark about.
Ask away, and I have a small band saw which I use so that it does not distort the edges... I also go to the local hobby shop and pick up either balsa wood or bass wood depending on how heavy I want my structure..