Pictures of Quaker Square/REA Express Restaurant in Akron Ohio USA? - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource  

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > General Model Train Forum Discussion > General Model Train Discussion
Forgotten your password?

General Model Train Discussion Mostly anything goes, especially train related!

Old 04-28-2011, 04:39 AM   #1
jon1971
Hobo

Pictures of Quaker Square/REA Express Restaurant in Akron Ohio USA?

Hi, I was wondering if anybody here had any pictures of the old REA Express Depot restaurant at Quaker Square in Akron Ohio (USA)? Specifically of the inside and outside of the restaurant area and the model train display up on the 2nd floor, and the real train outside the restaurant. That was my favorite place to go there when I was a kid in the late 70's. We went there just about every week from 1977 thru 1980. then we moved.

Then after I heard they shut the place down and moved all the trains, I wish that I had some pictures of the place. I remember they had a a real steam engine and passenger cars outside of the restaurant which was so cool! People eating inside the REA Express depot could watch the real trains go by outside the window also. Does anybody here have any pictures of the place that they would be willing to share with me? You can answer me either here in the forum or my email address matthews416@cs.com

Anyway thanks for reading my question!
jon1971 is offline   Reply With Quote