Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource (https://www.modeltrainforum.com/index.php)
-   O Scale (https://www.modeltrainforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Confused about size variances in O gauge? Then look here! (https://www.modeltrainforum.com/showthread.php?t=5126)

gunrunnerjohn 06-22-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjcruiser (Post 219696)
Technically (and historically), it was "Zero Gauge", rather than "Ohh Gauge" ...

Gee, talk about a buzz kill! :p:p I liked my description better. :D

allienfuel 06-24-2013 10:43 PM

That some good info to have. I am newbe here and have a K-line 0/027 track. it is small oval track with a engine plus two cars I plan to expand for the grand kids or at least thats my excuse. Anyway I'm thinking of starting with one 4x8 table hanging from a pulley system in my man cave, well maybe two. 8x8 sounds better, but I'm tryin to verify that k-line and lionel track will work together. Really glad I read this forum before i started to buy cars

gunrunnerjohn 06-25-2013 10:18 AM

Welcome to the forum, can you tell us what your forum handle means? :)

allienfuel 06-25-2013 03:38 PM

I guess we are all adults here. I am 44yrs old Married, I spent most of my life doing Meth (drugs). I have always been a believer of aliens, and used tell ppl as a joke the mother ship lost my address and i was stuck here. And Meth was my fuel = allienfuel. well the wife and i grew up and cleaned up. that was 10yrs ago. I kept the handle as a reminder of a past life. I now try hard to live a better life. I do a lot of volunteer work to those in need at the church and local food bank, as someone who has been there I can relate. Guess you can say i made peace with the Lord. Took me a while and a lot phone calls, but i made peace with my past demons. I wouldn't change anything about my past, as it would change the entire course of my life. And those experiences make who i am today. And I'm good with the guy in the mirror and believe I am right with the Lord. Judgement day I will find out

Don Trinko 06-25-2013 04:02 PM

Great! Sounds like you found the right path. ( in life and trains!)Don

gunrunnerjohn 06-25-2013 04:13 PM

What's that saying? All's well that ends well? :)

Big Ed 06-25-2013 05:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by allienfuel (Post 220040)
That some good info to have. I am newbe here and have a K-line 0/027 track. it is small oval track with a engine plus two cars I plan to expand for the grand kids or at least thats my excuse. Anyway I'm thinking of starting with one 4x8 table hanging from a pulley system in my man cave, well maybe two. 8x8 sounds better, but I'm tryin to verify that k-line and lionel track will work together. Really glad I read this forum before i started to buy cars

It would be nice if someone actually answered your question, huh? :rolleyes:

What kind of track Lionel tube track and k line tube track yes it will work together but that would be O scale. The k line O tube track like the Lionel O tube track is a bit higher then O/27 tube track.

See the difference?
Attachment 28682

Now you are not talking about the k line snap track right?
Lionel has fast track too?
There are more tell.

Let us know what kind your talking about. :smokin:

Big Ed 06-26-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big ed (Post 220119)
It would be nice if someone actually answered your question, huh? :rolleyes:

What kind of track? Lionel tube track and k line tube track yes it will work together but that would be O scale. The k line O tube track like the Lionel O tube track is a bit higher then O/27 tube track.

See the difference?
Attachment 28682

Now you are not talking about the k line snap track right?
Lionel has fast track too?
There are more tell.

Let us know what kind your talking about. :smokin:

I guess not. :dunno:

allienfuel 06-26-2013 08:25 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 28702

Attachment 28703

Attachment 28704

Attachment 28705

Attachment 28706

So this is what I am starting with. I truly know nothing about it, but by next visit from the grandkids I plan to have a much larger layout

allienfuel 06-26-2013 08:28 PM

Wow sorry for the over sized pictures, but you can see what i got