Model Train Forum banner

Hamburg Pa. June 2nd

2K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Trussman 
#1 ·
Hamburg Pa. train meet this June 2nd, 9am-1pm.
I was at the meet back in January, it was packed. I picked up a MTH GG1 at an extremely good price.
The next meet at Hamburg will be July 28 th.

#2 ·
I haven’t been to Hamburg for a few years for the reason you mentioned (narrow aisles packed with people). I wish they would make the aisles one way like York.

But I’m thinking about going to this one. I will also probably stop at the Reading Historical Society and the RBMN yard in Port Clinton while I’m there.

#7 ·
Haven’t been to this meet in at least a few years. The last time I went it was too crowded and the aisles were too narrow. Today I was pleasantly surprised that it was not at all crowded (maybe because I got a late start) and the aisles were not too narrow (probably because there were fewer vendors). Got some good bargains. I think the guys were giving good prices because they didn't want to pack the stuff up. Three Marx cars, three LV 6456 hoppers and an MTH EMD box car. I already have about a dozen 6456 hoppers, but I can always use a few more. Then I went down the street to the Reading Historical Society, got a yard tour, a book, a calendar and my new favorite hat. Best part of the meet was seeing Harry Henning 2 and 3 and hearing that Harry 3 is out of the woods.

Train Vehicle Transport Locomotive Thomas the tank engine

Transport Train Vehicle Locomotive Rolling stock

Transport Rolling stock Vehicle freight car Train

Vehicle Transport Mode of transport Locomotive Boat

Cap Clothing Headgear Baseball cap Trucker hat

#8 ·
Haven’t been to this meet in at least a few years. The last time I went it was too crowded and the aisles were too narrow. Today I was pleasantly surprised that it was not at all crowded (maybe because I got a late start) and the aisles were not too narrow (probably because there were fewer vendors). Got some good bargains. I think the guys were giving good prices because they didn't want to pack the stuff up. Three Marx cars, three LV 6456 hoppers and an MTH EMD box car. I already have about a dozen 6456 hoppers, but I can always use a few more. Then I went down the street to the Reading Historical Society, got a yard tour, a book, a calendar and my new favorite hat. Best part of the meet was seeing Harry Henning 2 and 3 and hearing that Harry 3 is out of the woods.

View attachment 503790

View attachment 503792

View attachment 503794

View attachment 503796

View attachment 503798

I got there about 9:15, yep, not crowded easy walking around, also a lot of empty tables. Most prices were very reasonable.
I picked up a very nice Lionel postwar 2559 Budd car at a good price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.