College Football is back - Page 8 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > General Model Train Forum Discussion > Union Station
Forgotten your password?

Union Station Off topic discussions - take a load off after a busy day of model railroading.

Old 11-04-2019, 08:23 AM   #71
highvoltage
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: O, O27
Quote:
Originally Posted by seayakbill View Post
LSU vs Bama, #1 vs #2, it should be a heck of a football game.

Bill
Yup, both currently undefeated. As I heard an announcer say once, "Somebody is going to drop a zero."
highvoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2019, 07:05 PM   #72
CTValleyRR
Train Master

Scales Modeled: HO
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfett View Post
Ed2023 and CTValley, I, too, bleed blue and white: MEd 1976 Music Ed (both myself and my wife). Son # 2 working on his masters at PSU; son # 1 got his doctorate at Pitt (you try to bring them up right but........ ). Football season ticket holder since 2001. Son # 2 and I go to the games (wife and son # 1 don't care for football). Always great to be back on campus.

Bob
Awesome! My son is studying Music Ed as well.

As for your sons... seems to me you only have one, and he goes to Penn State. That other person you mentioned...disown him! Just kidding. It's good to have a strong non-conference opponent to beat up on occasionally.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." --George Bernard Shaw
CTValleyRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 09:58 PM   #73
bobfett
Gang Labourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTValleyRR View Post
Awesome! My son is studying Music Ed as well.

As for your sons... seems to me you only have one, and he goes to Penn State. That other person you mentioned...disown him! Just kidding. It's good to have a strong non-conference opponent to beat up on occasionally.
Yeah, always good to have a strong non-conference opponent to beat up on occasionally; now, if son # 1 just followed football a little more it would be more fun.

What is your son's major instrument? I'm a saxophonist and my wife is a pianist. 38 years as a band director for me and 37 years as an elementary music teacher for her. We loved it but we're both glad to be retired. Son # 1 played French horn through undergrad (loved using those band credits to pass off arts credits) and son # 2 was a percussionist through high school. Neither play now but at least they had the experience.

Bob
bobfett is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-05-2019, 07:45 PM   #74
CTValleyRR
Train Master

Quote:
Yeah, always good to have a strong non-conference opponent to beat up on occasionally; now, if son # 1 just followed football a little more it would be more fun.

What is your son's major instrument? I'm a saxophonist and my wife is a pianist. 38 years as a band director for me and 37 years as an elementary music teacher for her. We loved it but we're both glad to be retired. Son # 1 played French horn through undergrad (loved using those band credits to pass off arts credits) and son # 2 was a percussionist through high school. Neither play now but at least they had the experience.

Bob
My son is blessed to be one of those amazing / annoying people who can pick up just about any instrument and within 15 minutes be making pleasant sounds with it.

He is first and foremost a vocalist with a range of 3-1/2 octaves, but also plays (well enough to get into audition-only school & local groups) piano, guitar / ukelele, clarinet, bass clarinet, and bassoon. He can passibly play trumpet, trombone, and cello. He wants to take up percussion next. He is also an accomplished composer, having written 4 pieces that were performed by his school's jazz band and select chorus, as well as an entire score for his drama club's production of The Seussification of Romeo and Juliet. Can you tell I'm a proud Dad?

Penn State was eager enough to grab him that they offered him almost a full ride ($6k-ish per year for out of state tuition, plus room and board). He eventually wants to be a choir director at the university level, although he's going to teach at the 4-12 level for a few years to get the money to pay for a Master's/ PhD.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." --George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-05-2019, 09:47 PM   #75
bobfett
Gang Labourer

Quote:
My son is blessed to be one of those amazing / annoying people who can pick up just about any instrument and within 15 minutes be making pleasant sounds with it.

He is first and foremost a vocalist with a range of 3-1/2 octaves, but also plays (well enough to get into audition-only school & local groups) piano, guitar / ukelele, clarinet, bass clarinet, and bassoon. He can passibly play trumpet, trombone, and cello. He wants to take up percussion next. He is also an accomplished composer, having written 4 pieces that were performed by his school's jazz band and select chorus, as well as an entire score for his drama club's production of The Seussification of Romeo and Juliet. Can you tell I'm a proud Dad?

Penn State was eager enough to grab him that they offered him almost a full ride ($6k-ish per year for out of state tuition, plus room and board). He eventually wants to be a choir director at the university level, although he's going to teach at the 4-12 level for a few years to get the money to pay for a Master's/ PhD.
Everybody wants to be a drummer. I did too, until my mother said I could play anything I wanted as long as it was saxophone. Sounds like a talented kid. Good luck to him; he has great goals. And, there's nothing wrong with being a proud dad.

Bob
bobfett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 06:57 PM   #76
CTValleyRR
Train Master

Quote:
Everybody wants to be a drummer. I did too, until my mother said I could play anything I wanted as long as it was saxophone. Sounds like a talented kid. Good luck to him; he has great goals. And, there's nothing wrong with being a proud dad.

Bob
He doesn't want to be a drummer... he just can't stand the fact that there is a category of instrument that he doesn't know how to play!

Old 11-06-2019, 08:50 PM   #77
seayakbill
Station Master

First College Football Championship rankings has Ohio State as number 1. Since 2 of the top 4 teams will lose a game before the end of the season this week rankings mean zip.

Bill
seayakbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:24 PM   #78
CTValleyRR
Train Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by seayakbill View Post
First College Football Championship rankings has Ohio State as number 1. Since 2 of the top 4 teams will lose a game before the end of the season this week rankings mean zip.

Bill
Well, either #1 or #4 is going to lose on Nov 23, because they play each other...

Old 11-08-2019, 04:36 AM   #79
seayakbill
Station Master

Quote:
Well, either #1 or #4 is going to lose on Nov 23, because they play each other...
Yep, Ohio State plays Penn State and Alabama Plays LSU, so 2 of the top 4 will have one loss for sure. Should open the door for Clemson to get back in the top 4 if they don't blow it.

Bill
Old 11-08-2019, 08:42 AM   #80
seayakbill
Station Master

Breaking News !!!!!!

Chase Young, Ohio State Defensive End, #1 Defensive player in college football, possible #1 NFL pick, has been suspended from the team indefinetly. Rumor floating around Columbus is that he may have signed with an agent.

Bill