What do you think is the best way to liven up a "sleepy" forum? - Page 2 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Scale Specific Model Train Forum > O Scale
Forgotten your password?

O Scale Atlas, Bachman, Hornby, K-Line, Lionel and classic toy train discussion.

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 12:46 PM   #11
seayakbill
Station Master

A lot of folks on this forum are viewers and not posters. If the numbers are correct, typically there are between 100 to 150 viewing this O Gauge forum at any given time throughout the day. On the new kid on the block there are between 3 and 15 viewing at any given time during the day. When I wrote this there were 141 viewing this O Guage forum and 9 viewing the new one.

It would be interesting to see how many are viewing OGR through the day but I don't know if there is a viewer count being shown.

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2019, 02:13 PM   #12
Spence
Yard Master

Scales Modeled: O
I think it runs in cycles. A couple years ago I started basically the same thread that Art started because it was real slow but it picks up you have ups and downs and as someone previously stated Thanksgiving is coming and a lot of people are busy with that and lotta the husbands have a honey do list before they can even get to their trains.
Old 11-08-2019, 02:29 PM   #13
NorfolkSouthernguy
Gang Labourer

Scales Modeled: HO
USA

I think it is a bit dead and been that way for a while now. I do not venture on other train forums but I am going to just to see the difference.

I just responded today to my own question I asked weeks ago. It has sat for over 6 weeks with not one response or even a attempt to try to answer it. I never thought I would have a question no one could answer but it’s true. I guess a good experiment would be to ask the same question on another forum and see how that goes.

I started up a poll on here recently not just to see the results but a attempt to liven things up on here. Only 107 votes casted yet viewed 1,339 times. Polls are a good way to test how many people are actually active on forums like this or just a lot of lurkers whom do not participate.

I hope things do not dry up completely on here but never say never.

Mark

Old 11-08-2019, 02:38 PM   #14
Big Ed
Railroad Tycoon

Scales Modeled: O right now. HO packed/ small N scale table, G scale for under the Christmas tree, & 1 S locomotive
USA

Some of you have not been here long enough to see changes, or notice them.

Central Railroad of New Jersey
Old 11-08-2019, 03:19 PM   #15
Millstonemike
Engineer

I can think of two things: The move by some to the new forum (some of those were daily/multiple posters here); and (2) The time of year.

Perhaps the Christmas season will prove to be more lively with purchases/gifts and colder weather kicking up train related activities.

We see.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:02 PM   #16
teledoc
Super Moderator

Scales Modeled: Postwar/Prewar tinplate "O" scale
To add to Millstonemike’s comment of a lot of older members, who started a new forum, a few were busy posters. That alone appeared, that this forum was busy & active. The downside was, that a lot of the posts, were just short comments, with no value, to the original subject, but more along the lines of a “Like”, and nothing more. I read a lot of threads, but if I can’t add anything constructive to the subject, I don’t post to it. My primary interest is Tinplate first, followed by O gauge. There aren’t many members active in the Tinplate sub forum, so that doesn’t see a lot of activity.

"Prewar Tinplate fanatic”

Newly Appointed "Tinplate Wizard"
"The man behind the curtain????"
Old 11-08-2019, 04:46 PM   #17
Big Ed
Railroad Tycoon

Scales Modeled: O right now. HO packed/ small N scale table, G scale for under the Christmas tree, & 1 S locomotive
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by teledoc View Post
To add to Millstonemike’s comment of a lot of older members, who started a new forum, a few were busy posters. That alone appeared, that this forum was busy & active. The downside was, that a lot of the posts, were just short comments, with no value, to the original subject, but more along the lines of a “Like”, and nothing more. I read a lot of threads, but if I can’t add anything constructive to the subject, I don’t post to it. My primary interest is Tinplate first, followed by O gauge. There aren’t many members active in the Tinplate sub forum, so that doesn’t see a lot of activity.
I was going to say something like that and I could add more but won't.
Someone will start a thread and the whole thread will be,
Atta boy, nice, sweet, I like, wow, got to get me one, thanks, etc etc now that makes for an interesting forum.

Should be named The good old Atta boy forum.

Old 11-08-2019, 04:50 PM   #18
MattR
Brakeman

Well I can tell you that teledoc is right. No value. Puffing each other. Constant Brown nosing. Fake, fake, crap. But.....it makes posts!!

Just for fun go see the kissing ptc's butt they are currently busy with. "Thank you ptc, we love you, thanks for ogf, we're the best" Celebrating his 1000th post. Who gives a rats bottom. Grown men. Truly embarrassing for them. But again...it makes posts! And it's all the old originals from here. A few i didn't expect to be such huge butt kissers. But they're joining right in, all puckered up!
Old 11-08-2019, 04:53 PM   #19
MattR
Brakeman

Ha! Ed, you and I were typing same thing at the same time! You just finished faster!
Old 11-08-2019, 05:04 PM   #20
Big Ed
Railroad Tycoon

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattR View Post
Ha! Ed, you and I were typing same thing at the same time! You just finished faster!
Yes but I think you explained it better. ha ha ha thanks I love it, great, well said, etc, etc, pat pat on the back, shake shake hands, atta boy

Closed Thread