Model Train Forum banner

See Britain by Rail

772 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Chops 
#1 ·
This vignette is a parody of what I imagine an earlier (1927) movie mini-films used in theatres. Pre-views are shown instead, in this age. One such producer of newsreels was the British company Pathe. Sometimes news items were shown, sometimes cartoons. This practice dropped off by the early 1970's. Today one sees previews.

The parody consists of a tedious repetition of British historical sights and sites. Some are real, some are fictional. It is intended as a funny reference to the truly amazing depth and breadth of British history, which in all reality, is immense in every regard.

I am a Scot by paternal lineage. Any reference to Scots is meant to be funny, not derogatory, and references my Pictish heritage determined by DNA ancestry. Hadrians wall is a real place in Northern England. Catford Urns is entirely fictional.

This is a joke. For fun. Not intended to be a serious piece. The music is not relevant to the Edwardian period, but it is British, and it is unusual, and reflects banality and tedium. But that too is a joke. Satiric. As in: Hah. Hah.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.