Model Train Forum banner

New member with a new scale

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  traction fan 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! Glad to have found a new site to which I can be addicted to looking at and reading about model trains! I have been a member of a few other model rail forums over the years, but there seems to be a drop in participation on them lately, so I'm hoping that in addition to my other forums I will find a more active community here. I recently got into N scale (recently as in yesterday) after many years of being a big fan of HO scale. That could also explain the reduced interest in posting; less N scale people back on the other boards? Either way, I am happy to be a member of yet another railroading community!

#3 ·
Welcome fellow n scaler

I to live in Michigan, Madison hgts area and welcome to nscale as there is a lot of it out there lately. And there is a club Society of n scalers meet every Monday or wed I believe but they are in the web. And they are in the process of building their layout and looking for new members if your interested. Pm me if you need any info or such.

#5 ·
Welcome aboard!

psychobeagle;

Welcome to the forum! We are a large (worldwide) group and a friendly, non-critical, one. We welcome all scales and all experience levels.
I have modeled in N-scale for decades, but did HO-scale as a teen, and 0-27 tinplate as a young kid. (I'm 70 now) I model the Milwaukee Road's electric operations (primarily passenger service) in the Seattle, Washington area. The station pictured below is the centerpiece of my layout which occupies two walls of my garage. The prototype station was owned by Union Pacific, with The Milwaukee as a tenant. Right across King St. was another station that served the Northern Pacific and Great Northern. So I can run plenty of famous passenger trains!

Are you planning on building an N-scale layout? Was your very recent switch from HO to N due to space restrictions, or for another reason?
Do you have a favorite prototype railroad that you model? Is there a particular geographic locale, or time era that you are most interested in?
If your answer to the preceding questions is either "I don't know", or I don't care," that's fine by us. We have plenty of members that just like trains, and watching them roll.

Again Welcome.

Traction Fan:smilie_daumenpos:

Building Room Architecture Arch Arcade

Scale model Architecture Building Brick Vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.