Model Train Forum banner

Show us what you added to your roster lately?

588K views 7K replies 237 participants last post by  superwarp1 
#1 ·
Show us your newest locomotive or rolling stock purchase.
Scale...Traditional...Tinplate...whatever.

My newest locomotive purchase was this Lionel Legacy Toledo, Peoria & Western GP30 #700 in bicentennial paint...

See less See more
G
#3,790 ·
It was of those weeks here, I found 3 passenger car sets that I have been looking for. Not a normal week or even month.[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Northern Pacific 21" K-line
View attachment 80113

Lionel Santa Fee Superliner with U28CG
View attachment 80105
K-line C&NW 21" cars, I recieved 8 but only put 6 on track.

When it rains it pours!!!
I really like those Great Northern passenger cars a lot. What make are they and what's pulling them?

Regards,

Gary.

#16 ·
These photos were taken with my Iphone, so they're not up to the standards most of you are used to. But here's a double headed Illinois Central SD40 with Pullmor motors and 12-wheel drive that I acquired over the summer, then found an inoperable one a year older. So, I took out the motors and MUed the two of them and they make a good team pulling one my freights circa late 1960s.

Then a couple of Atlas reefers, my first Atlas freight cars.

Then a K-Line reefer with a load of green banana bunches handing from the ceiling, my first K-Line freight car. Transport Train Vehicle Scale model Toy

Vehicle Metal

Scale model Vehicle

#18 ·
Great photos Vern. The size offers great definition. But I wish there was a way to downsize them just a bit. I use an Apple computer, and even though I upload them as small, they always come out so big here.

#21 ·
Thank you, Bob. Fortunately, when I download the photos they come out at just the right size when they're uploaded to the posts. It took me awhile to figure this out, as I'm a little slower than most members on this forum. :D

Keith and John: the K-Line wood sided reefer came with the banana bunches and tiny hooks used to hang them. The roof snaps out, then you place the hooks though small holes in the tops of the bunches and hang them from the inside ceiling of the snap-out roof. Then when they're all hung (there's 12 of them), you just snap the roof back on and you have a loaded reefer. This was a pleasant surprise to me, as this is my first K-Line car.

Evidently, K-Line made other loads for these reefers as well. I think that the detailing on the K-Line cars are every bit as good as the Atlas reefers.

#26 ·
Show us your newest locomotive or rolling stock purchase. ...snip...
Your post made me look at my ebay purchases this year: seventy-seven items in seventy-two auctions; groups of trucks, couplers each count as one. That does not count train shows, stores, etc. Here is a sampling:

This first in line to be two-railed and (maybe) internally lit with randomly flashing leds:

This has some possibilities for two-railing, note that I have a pair:

Non-powered and I am not sure why I got it as it is still three-rail:

A ten-dollar cabin? Even with the proper trucks! How could I resist?

These are from ebay. The two gray Lionels are converted to two-rail; one with Commonweath and one with Buckeye four-axle trucks:

Another two-railed Lionel:

#31 ·
Gene the fire trucks on flatcar is a nice piece of rolling stock.

This first in line to be two-railed and (maybe) internally lit with randomly flashing leds:
I have two of these for my alien recovery train that I'm working on. I too plan on adding LEDs to it to make to ooze glow. Shining lit LEDs at the ooze gave it a nice look.