Model Train Forum banner

I have a wierd problem.

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  65446 
#1 ·
HI
I have a bl plymouth switcher on DCC with its own address parked on a engine track. When I put my Proto 2000 engine on another track with a different decoder in it and its own address my plymouth switcher runs at the same time, What is causing this?
I can run other engines and have that plymouth on the track and it doesn't do it with them. I am running JMRI and I checked addresses last night. It has got my stumped.
Thanks
Bill

#2 ·
Have you ever had them consisted together? It sounds like something thinks they are.

#3 ·
Bill

From what you say it would seem that the Plymouth
and your Proto 2000 locos have the same decoder
address.

The solution would be to change the address of
ONE of them to a different number.

If your did some decoder program work on
one of them and the other was also on the
track, you could have accidentally changed
the decoder addresses to be the same.

Don

#8 ·
I agree, reset one of them...only...and see if it behaves normally on your command on Add "03". If it restores to full control, and has the usual loud factory default volumes, and does not move when you place the other loco on the rails and give it commands to move, you have at least partially solved your problem.

You do know for a fact that the problem loco IS DCC...?

#9 ·
You say they're different addresses.. Could one of them still be factory default Add.03; that maybe you forgot to give it a new address since putting in on the rails ?
Also, do you get around ok on whichever throttle you're using, such as NCE, Digitrax, Bachmann, et al ? IE. do you understand what most the functions in the screen mean and do?.. I found it to be quite a long learning curve with my NCE..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.