Model Train Forum banner

4014 in the snow today

4K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  highvoltage 
#1 ·
I caught UP 4014 in the snow today as it headed back to the UP shops in Cheyenne.

In this picture it's pretty hard to tell it's 2019 and not 1949 :)

See less See more
1 3
#3 ·
The second picture should replace the Train we have up top on the site.

That has been discussed a lonnnnnnng time ago.
But CP Rail #6550 still stands.

#7 ·
Actually those were brand new covered hoppers that were empty. The reason they're towing them is to save on using the brake shoes on 4014. The brake shoes on 4014 were not replaced during the rebuild. This was told to me by Ed Dickens himself.

#11 ·
Personally, photo #3 is the one I like best. But they're all just plain cool!

#12 ·
I would go with any of them to get rid of the CP that been there since the beginning of the MTF site.

Just so........BLAH. :smokin:

#16 ·
UP 4014 KC VISIT

The 4014 was in Kansas City on the 18th. Awesome Engine. I tried to get some decent pics but the crowd was pretty heavy around the Engine. Nice video & still pics for sure. As far s using the hoppers for brakes the UP did the same procedure when they towed the 4014 from LA to Cheyenne. Sometimes a Steam Engine needs a load in order for it to run properly. UP could have made a revenue run by delivering the new hoppers.

LATER

#24 ·
But to further explain the guy who first started this site (TwoRail) was Canadian.
Therefor that is why he chose it.

One of the pictures of the 4014 looks good? Don't know about the size.

John, I looked for that thread about changing it but can't find it. Do you know where it is?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.