need ideas for a new layout. - Page 2 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Model Train Workshop > Layout Design Forum
Forgotten your password?

Layout Design Forum Discussion resource for planning your dream layout, large, small or micro!

Old 08-17-2019, 02:38 PM   #11
norgale
Yard Master

Scales Modeled: ho
Hey,Big Ed. How you doing you old goat? Was thinking about you and few of the other old hands on here so I'm glad you spoke up. Ya, last summer was a bad one. My sister moved back with her family in SC in June, my dog got cancer and died in July and my mother died in August. Selling flags was a flagging business so I haven't done that in a long time. Still have some unsold flags though so what do you need? Ha! Mom left me some bucks so I'm using it to buy a Park Model home which is like a small mobile home. It's being built now but won't get here until around the first of October. It's only 12 x 32 but with the added hobby room it'll be plenty for me. Soon as it's ready to live in I'll get another Labrador Retriever. You still driving? My nephew is driving now, delivering gasoline around Greenville, SC. He likes it because he's home every night so that's a good thing. Let me know what's going on with you. Norgale.
norgale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2019, 02:48 PM   #12
norgale
Yard Master

This first picture is the center unit of the three 4 x 8 tables that will make up my new layout. The second picture is the right hand unit that butts up to the center unit. The left unit hasn't been done yet. There are two tracks all around the outside of the table with one track as the main line and the second track as the local line. Trains move from the center unit yard to the right unit and the left unit by the rails down the center. In the right unit you can see there is a complete circle of track inside that area to deliver freight and passengers to that part of 'town.' In operation there can be two trains on the outside tracks and one each on the right and left units with action still going on in the yard. So five trans can be operated at the same time. That ought to keep me busy for awhile.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bonita Grand Central 001.JPG (2.76 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Bonita Grand Central 002.JPG (2.74 MB, 2 views)
Old 08-17-2019, 03:19 PM   #13
flyboy2610
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: HO, too blind and fumble fingered for N
I like your plans, but that inside loop on the right hand table is going to have a really tight radius.
flyboy2610 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2019, 07:06 PM   #14
norgale
Yard Master

Yes ,it will probably have to be 15"R or maybe make something with flex track for the curves. I'd planned on using a small engine in there for shifting freight cars around to the different factories but the passenger train will go out onto the main line and come back in so it can be backed into the station like they do in Tampa. I draw this stuff to scale so I can see if it fits but as I build I usually make changes and then have to change something else. Maybe this circle within the main line won't work but we'll see.