Model Train Forum banner

working on some displays

937 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Chaostrain 
#1 ·
I've been working on some displays to photo graph some new kits and I thought it would be fun to share. I'm not an expert by any means but I enjoy scenery. Brian made me a fence that came out really good. Also used some pull apart plant clusters by Bill Lankford of Creative Accents that made a great bush line for me. And off course our telephone cross arms and horse casting make for great detail.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
I have a casting but I don't know what it is, can anyone help me identify what it is. Not really sure why they are on top of each other?

Thanks

Are they 1 piece or did you put one on top of the other?
Almost look like oil drums.

Product Binoculars Cylinder Games Metal

#5 ·
Hello,Looks good.
What scale are these?

Love the horses.:smilie_daumenpos:

The first picture could use something in the back to block out the box and things in the background? Nice shot otherwise.:)

The poles need a little weathering?
Most around here are dark brown from the preservatives they use.
(East coast)
Years ago they were gooey dark brown/black from the creosote they used to preserve them.

They almost look like fuel tanks off a truck tractor.
Must be a part of a locomotive?
What do the ends look like?

#8 ·
More diorama pictures

Here are some more pics of another diorama I'm working on. I can't take create for the weathering on the cement or tire tracks, that's all Brian. Pretty happy with the final pictures. I attached the copy of the real building too.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.