Model Train Forum banner

Morris Arboretum Garden Railroad

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  gunrunnerjohn 
#1 ·
Didn't find a previous thread on this, so enjoy!

The Garden Railway is open for the season and is dressed in its wintery finest! Open through December 31, free with admission during regular hours. The Arboretum is closed on December 24, 25 & January 1.

http://www.morrisarboretum.org/gardens_railway.shtml

See also

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
I went there to see the garden railway some years ago. It is a nice garden railway, but I didn’t think it was worth the admission price. Some of the local libraries have a limited supply of free passes that you can borrow for a few days, but whenever I tried to borrow them, they were all charged out.

#6 ·
If you go to the Morris Arboretum, be sure to visit the fernery. I was in charge of it's renovation in '93/94. Myself and another carpenter performed almost every task in demolishing the old one and rebuilding it into what you will see now.

I must say that it was one of the highlights of my career. While working on the fernery, I convinced Paul Myer, the director of the arboretum that he needed a garden railway somewhere on the grounds. A year or so later he contracted with Paul Bussey to build the display. Paul's team built the structures and bridges from natural materials.

Reactions: Refugee
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.