Curiosity: Home Made DCC Booster - Page 8 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Model Train Workshop > DCC Forum (Digital Command Control)
Forgotten your password?

Old 02-21-2018, 03:32 PM   #71
wvgca
Station Master

Scales Modeled: HO 1890's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shdwdrgn View Post
J Instead of using an arduino, what about an ATtiny85? Regardless, the ATtiny will run at 8Mhz so it's just as fast as some of the arduinos and will run the same code.

so far it's just a pcb for dave's schematic... but definitely not ruling it out .... would make the board smaller, and probably a bit cheaper

wvgca is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2019, 08:13 PM   #72
jc286006
Hobo

Hello Everyone
If anyone still monitors this thread is X3 pinout
from left to right and top to bottom? since there are no markings on the pcb referencing which one is number 1,2 etc
jc286006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 08:30 PM   #73
wvgca
Station Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc286006 View Post
since there are no markings on the pcb referencing which one is number 1,2 etc

if you mean D1 , D2, R1, R2 etc... those are in the silkscreen layer, which your pcb maker should have added for you ??

if not, they can be gotten from the schematic ..or from the image of the pcb ??

Old 08-22-2019, 08:56 PM   #74
jc286006
Hobo

I mean the X3 connector that goes to the motor driver board there are no markings to denote which one is #1 X3 hooks to rpwm pin1,lpwm pin2,R_en pin3,L_en pin4,R_S pin5,L_S pin6,VCC pin 7,GrN pin8 on the motor driver . the best i can tell X3 pin1 is the upper right pin on the board png on page 3 of this thread. I am assuming that the X3 pinout is 7531 on the top row and 8642 on the lower row. I have built the board hooked it up to the Dcc++ base station and to the 43 amp motor driver that Dave Bodnar uses, the LCD shows that it is functioning correctly amps can be adjusted, power is on, but when a loco is placed on the track and power applied to the high amp driver board the loco takes off at full throttle no matter what the throttle is set at 0-100 it acts like some of the connections between the X3 pins and the MD are not hooked up correctly. I dont want to start moving wires around and fry something. I have 23 boards to play with but dont want to be smokin an arduino or the board components
jc286006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 09:05 PM   #75
wvgca
Station Master

ok ... that i don't remember, sorry .. i built one , but it's hidden on my layout .. i don't remember if i used a formed cable, or singles there ..
you will have to follow the schematic for pin locations ...