Model Train Forum banner

ATSF Rolling Stock Book question

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  cv_acr 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a suggestion on a book or books covering ATSF rolling stock? I'm wanting books that cover the 1920's through the 1990's. I realize this may not all be in one book, just looking for some good information. Also any websites with information would work as well.

Thanks,
Trever

#2 ·
My brother in law came by one day with a handful of train books someone had given him.
One just floored me,quite hard to come by. It was IRON HORSES OF THE SANTA FE TRAIL by WORLEY.
This is the encyclopedia of motive power on the ATSF Steam and Diesel.
If your truly a Santa Fe modeler this would be a must have book.

#4 ·
Looks like the ATSF one is sold out at the publisher, but the various Color Guides from Morning Sun Books do a pretty good job of providing an overview of typical equipment.

http://morningsunbooks.com/collections/all-hardcover/products/santa-fe-atsf-color-gd-to

They can't cover *everything*, obviously and don't have in-depth roster information, but it provides a good look at typical equipment with good photo selections and each photo generally has a detailed caption.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.