Other S Scale - Post War American Flyer - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Market Place > Want to Buy (member-to-member)
Forgotten your password?

Want to Buy (member-to-member) Looking for something specific? Post it here! This forum is only for personal use. Model Train Forum will not be held responsible for business transacted through this forum.

Old 05-12-2019, 08:24 AM   #1
BrokeCurmudgeon
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: N Scale and some American Flyer S Scale
S Scale - Post War American Flyer

I am looking to buy a good Pacific 6 wheel chassis to replace the one on my AF312 that has worn bearings. It needs to be interchangeable with the chassis on a 312. Or someone to replace the brass bearings on my original. Thanks!
Old 05-12-2019, 09:53 AM   #2
mopac
Station Master

Scales Modeled: HO mainly, N, S, O, G
Broke, be careful. Not just any 6 wheel pacific will work. Center wheel has to have a square ended stud for linkage to work correctly. You probably know this, just making sure.
Round stud will not work. Have you talked to flyernut about replacing the bushings? I would check your axle gear also.
mopac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:58 AM   #3
BrokeCurmudgeon
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: N Scale and some American Flyer S Scale
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopac View Post
Broke, be careful. Not just any 6 wheel pacific will work. Center wheel has to have a square ended stud for linkage to work correctly. You probably know this, just making sure.
Round stud will not work. Have you talked to flyernut about replacing the bushings? I would check your axle gear also.
Thanks for reminding me. I do need the square lug. Also, Loren has been so generous to me in the past that I don't want to impose on him. I would be happy to pay a fair amount if he or anyone else would take on rebuilding my 312 K5.