Model Train Forum banner

Forum VERY slow

5K views 47 replies 18 participants last post by  CTValleyRR 
#1 ·
Is it just me, or is the forum really running at a snail's pace lately? It takes forever to post a reply, and even opening some threads is a lengthy process.

#34 ·
Lee I've noticed that about the internet in general. There are certain times of the day when it's slower or faster. Usually when people are home from work it's slower.

#39 ·
Considering that they stopped issuing patches for it something like 5 years ago now, that's a good idea. Really, though, there is nothing I can do in XP that I can't do in Windows 10, provided your hardware is up to it, that is.

#41 ·
Vincent, The computer I use is a hand me down running XP. At times, it will give me fits, and run slow, mainly with websites that have excessive add-ons, with graphics. It serves its purpose, and will get replaced eventually. I use my iPad mostly, but switch to the PCwhen I want to post something, where I can type with both hands, faster than the iPad. The other PC’s in our house both run Windows 10, but are laptops.

#43 ·
I still have my original PC, a 386-40, running Windows 3.11, which I built from parts, be by one, as I could afford at the time. I just need to fire it up, and take my pictures off of it. LOL!!!

#47 · (Edited)
I had one of those "Trash 80s", gave it to my brother in law.
Bought an Atari 512 to replace it. Upgraded that to a 1024 that I still have.

More to the point of this thread, the only slowness I see is that some of the ads take a long time to load,
Waiting for xxxxxxxx.com is what I see.

Magic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.